Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default CM 7.1 Problems?

I just flashed the stable version of CyanogenMod 7.1 to my DInc. I did a full wipe of my previous rom (Nills Business GingerSense) before installation. But I realized after I installed it that I forgot to add the Google Apps package, so I went back and did so. When I finally took a second to play with the phone I started get 2 major problems. The first one is that I get force close messages non-stop. None of the Google apps will open, I get a force close message immediately on them. I also get a message saying something along the lines of "com.android.processes" that force closes frequently also. And second I can't get any MMS messages sent or recieved. Even with Wifi turned off and data on with a decent signal nothing will send or recieve. But I can still get on the internet when it is like this, the MMS seems to be the only thing data-related not working. Any help here? No other threads have been of any help.

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Default Re: CM 7.1 Problems?

Was it an old version of GAPPS?

Try flashing this one: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

ROM
    stock

You could also try doing a full wipe, and then re-flash from recovery, making sure to flash the GApps at the same time
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

You are going from a sense rom to a senseless rom. When you flash, be sure to wipe data/cache/dalvik at least three times each, just to be sure to clear out all traces of the sense rom. This causes major havok when going from sense to aosp and vice versa.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted