VZW Reps idle chater

jdposhkus

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was in a staples today that also happens to have a VZW kiosk, and the two reps asked me about my Inc. They said that I was lucky to get a working one...They claim the shortage has to do with all the DOA units...8 out of 10 in some markets...Anybody know if this is true?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The incredible is the best smart phone on the market. I have had zero problem with mine. The phone sold out in a few days of its launch. More and more people are ordering daily it will out sell the iPhone this month. Don't believe what you hear believe what you read.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Well that doesn't necessairly mean that 8 out of 10 are not DOA.

However, if they were, I would think that you would have heard about it from news outlets, etc. ATT is probably desperate to have something to hit back at Verizon for making fun of the iphone and the dropped calls.

frunkiss

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
From my experience sales reps at kiosks rarely know much about much.
I had asked Verizon reps at EVERY local store to show me Google Voice on a MotoDroid and they all showed me Google's voice search instead.

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
I got mine a few days before the official launch, and I just ordered a new replacement. Expecting it in "3-5 days," per the girl at the VZW store.

Random home screen changes. Cursor jumping around while working on spreadsheets.

Other than that...great phone.

I'm skeptical of claims in this thread that everything is "perfect", though. There is no such thing as perfect in smartphones! :D

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
8 out of 10 is just silly. There would be an uproar of unspeakable levels if this was true...look at the whining that happens here for bad battery life? Once again...VZW reps are probably the LAST people you want to get your info from, sadly.

IncredibleLane

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't think Big Red expected a smartphone lacking a physical keyboard to sell so well.

However, I also think Big Red was over-hyping how well it actually did.. I don't know a single person who actually had to wait until the projected shipping date to receive their phone..

Joelist

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually VZW did get caught by surprise with the very high sales rate. That is why they sold out so quickly.

And there have been no rumbles at all about high return rates on the Incredible (ironically VZW did have a period of high returns on the Moto Droid but so far so good on the Incredible).

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
8 out of 10 is just silly. There would be an uproar of unspeakable levels if this was true...look at the whining that happens here for bad battery life? Once again...VZW reps are probably the LAST people you want to get your info from, sadly.

^ This is true. If 80% were coming back the internet would be on fire about it. Panic in the streets kind of talk.

We have to read every tech or cell site's feeds and blogs every day or Phil will beat us :D and the only gripes I keep hearing about are battery life and having to wait to get one.

Last edited:

bbfunnyman

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
As a person who was a first day purchaser of both the Storm 1 and Droid 1 and friends with many fellow early adopters, the Incredible has nowhere near the same amount of issues as those two launches did.

The software is stable (cough, cough, BB Storm) because it was not released before it was ready, and HTC has better coders than RIM it seems? Less device fragmentation might be 1 reason.

The droid had a lower amount, but wider range of issues, some software (i had phone quality issues on 1st D1) and hardware (people didn't like device size or keyboard)

I can't figure out why all this negative mouth-mouth hype is out there, it is not like this is the first Android device, so the haters should be less numbered. Maybe its the apple fanboys out there?

dgalanter

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I suppose if one wanted to count the silly problem with the plastic little part around the charger port breaking two days into use, mine was "DOA." :) I have yet to notice it without looking, and even then I almost need a magnifying glass. I'd say this hardware was pretty good, and recommended the phone to a good friend, who is saddened that it's out of stock for another two weeks or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol