Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Default VZW Reps idle chater

I was in a staples today that also happens to have a VZW kiosk, and the two reps asked me about my Inc. They said that I was lucky to get a working one...They claim the shortage has to do with all the DOA units...8 out of 10 in some markets...Anybody know if this is true?
    Cheers!

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts

I got two, one at Verizon store the day it came out, one from Verizon site a week later, both work great.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    99 Global Posts

Zero defects with mine...
    Cheers!

The incredible is the best smart phone on the market. I have had zero problem with mine. The phone sold out in a few days of its launch. More and more people are ordering daily it will out sell the iPhone this month. Don't believe what you hear believe what you read.

Global Posts
    618 Global Posts

Well that doesn't necessairly mean that 8 out of 10 are not DOA.

However, if they were, I would think that you would have heard about it from news outlets, etc. ATT is probably desperate to have something to hit back at Verizon for making fun of the iphone and the dropped calls.

From my experience sales reps at kiosks rarely know much about much.
    I had asked Verizon reps at EVERY local store to show me Google Voice on a MotoDroid and they all showed me Google's voice search instead.

No problems here. Got mine last Friday.

I got mine a few days before the official launch, and I just ordered a new replacement. Expecting it in "3-5 days," per the girl at the VZW store.

Random home screen changes. Cursor jumping around while working on spreadsheets.

Other than that...great phone.

I'm skeptical of claims in this thread that everything is "perfect", though. There is no such thing as perfect in smartphones!
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 700p > BB Curve 8330 > DInc (r) > Rezound (r) > custom Moto X
    Transformer Pad Infinity (r CROMi-X)
    Roy Aguilera

False Info from reps. Whats new?
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

That sure isn't.

ROM
    stock

Ive had mine two days after it came out and no problems yet. It is a fantastic device.
    Banned

8 out of 10 is just silly. There would be an uproar of unspeakable levels if this was true...look at the whining that happens here for bad battery life? Once again...VZW reps are probably the LAST people you want to get your info from, sadly.

I don't think Big Red expected a smartphone lacking a physical keyboard to sell so well.

However, I also think Big Red was over-hyping how well it actually did.. I don't know a single person who actually had to wait until the projected shipping date to receive their phone..

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Actually VZW did get caught by surprise with the very high sales rate. That is why they sold out so quickly.

And there have been no rumbles at all about high return rates on the Incredible (ironically VZW did have a period of high returns on the Moto Droid but so far so good on the Incredible).

Quote Originally Posted by chomsky1 View Post
    8 out of 10 is just silly. There would be an uproar of unspeakable levels if this was true...look at the whining that happens here for bad battery life? Once again...VZW reps are probably the LAST people you want to get your info from, sadly.
    ^ This is true. If 80% were coming back the internet would be on fire about it. Panic in the streets kind of talk.

We have to read every tech or cell site's feeds and blogs every day or Phil will beat us and the only gripes I keep hearing about are battery life and having to wait to get one.
    Last edited by Jerry Hildenbrand; 05-17-2010 at 11:07 PM. Reason: bag fat hand hit trackpad
    ಠ_ಠ
    제리

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    That sure isn't.
    NO they ALLLLways now what's going on with Verizon......

/sarcasm
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

ROM
    Stock 2.2

As a person who was a first day purchaser of both the Storm 1 and Droid 1 and friends with many fellow early adopters, the Incredible has nowhere near the same amount of issues as those two launches did.

The software is stable (cough, cough, BB Storm) because it was not released before it was ready, and HTC has better coders than RIM it seems? Less device fragmentation might be 1 reason.

The droid had a lower amount, but wider range of issues, some software (i had phone quality issues on 1st D1) and hardware (people didn't like device size or keyboard)

I can't figure out why all this negative mouth-mouth hype is out there, it is not like this is the first Android device, so the haters should be less numbered. Maybe its the apple fanboys out there?

Global Posts
    146 Global Posts

Again, this thing is corporate only until August, so third party sellers, like kiosks are SOL and green with envy.

I suppose if one wanted to count the silly problem with the plastic little part around the charger port breaking two days into use, mine was "DOA." I have yet to notice it without looking, and even then I almost need a magnifying glass. I'd say this hardware was pretty good, and recommended the phone to a good friend, who is saddened that it's out of stock for another two weeks or so.

Agreed. VERY happy with my DI. No better phone out there right now.

As I said in another thread with a similar theme, this says it all:

these verizon reps are crazy, telling people a bunch of BS, just seems kind of *** backwards to me

this is the third thread Ive seen with a verizon rep telling lies

8 out of 10 VZW reps don't know wtf they are talking about.

Global Posts
    309 Global Posts

Kratzer, what do you mean by this thing is corporate only until August?

As for 8 of 10 being DOA, it sounds like someone who is misinformed or trying to "bigshot" another rep to show they are more "in the know" than they are. I suppose its possible that 8 of 10 have bad or dead batterys. Possible...but not likely.
    htc - Incredible

Global Posts
    390 Global Posts

I've had mine for two weeks and have loved every second of it.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast