Disaster - help with sign-in after google password change

pleeho

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
My son saw my google password today & since I don't trust him, I changed my master google password. Now My Incredible would sync & despite multiple attempts to sign back in I keep getting the "You entered the wrong password or your account has changed. Please re-enter your password" error message. I can sign in with this password at google or gmail on my computer, but my phone won't recognize the new password. HELP!

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
You should be able to go into Accounts and Sync section in settings and change it there. You might have to just delete it and add it again but it will sync everything back so you don't need to worry about losing anything if you did that.

RBasil

Mar 18, 2010
www.robertbasil.com
You should be able to go into Accounts and Sync section in settings and change it there. You might have to just delete it and add it again but it will sync everything back so you don't need to worry about losing anything if you did that.

I just changed my master Google password yesterday as well and the above is 100% correct. Just remove the Google syncing in the settings and re-add it. No duplication's, no problems for me.

nyc_rock

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
My son saw my google password today & since I don't trust him, I changed my master google password. Now My Incredible would sync & despite multiple attempts to sign back in I keep getting the "You entered the wrong password or your account has changed. Please re-enter your password" error message. I can sign in with this password at google or gmail on my computer, but my phone won't recognize the new password. HELP!

This should help;

Father Son Relationship 3 Little Known Secrets To Insure Success

pleeho

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to make sure I'm not screwing myself before I do this: when I click on "Settings" under "accounts" - when I click off the google account, it gives me the option to remove the account as you say, but then I get this scary error message: "REMOVE ACCOUNT -- This account is required by some applications. You can only delete it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings application, under About phone."

I've spent the past 3 weeks personalizing the daylights out of my phone and have entered all kinds of settings and preferences and passwords which I don't want to do all over again. Will removing my google account from my DI make me do this all over again? If so, I might have to live with my old password and the imminent threat of massive hack-attack by my son.

Papa Gasha

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just wanted to make sure I'm not screwing myself before I do this: when I click on "Settings" under "accounts" - when I click off the google account, it gives me the option to remove the account as you say, but then I get this scary error message: "REMOVE ACCOUNT -- This account is required by some applications. You can only delete it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings application, under About phone."

I faced the same issue and this is how I solved it: my new password included a comma (,) and worked well on a PC. However, my phone didn't accept it. I suspected that the comma might be the problem; once I changed the password to the one without a comma, everything went back to normal.

Might be that punctuation marks don't work well with Android, who knows.

Here you are a few helpful hints on how to remove your Google account from your phone:

How to Remove/Change Google Account from Android Phone | Sizzled Core

Kelly Wilkinson

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Google will NOT take my password. I have tried to change it twice; no luck. I try to remove it and I get the same message: when I click on "Settings" under "accounts" - when I click off the google account, it gives me the option to remove the account as you say, but then I get this scary error message: "REMOVE ACCOUNT -- This account is required by some applications. You can only delete it by resetting the phone to factory defaults (which deletes all your personal data). You do that in the Settings application, under About phone." I tried to access the link to remove change Google account and the link was bad. I have an Android 3 with the 2.3.4 version. I need to access some new apps and I can't do it.

Thanks/