Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Autodeleting old texts

Is there a setting I can set that will autodelete my texts within a thread after a certain time frame?

My phone takes an extremely long time loading some of my text threads (due to the large volume - I have 2 threads that are over 1000 texts) and its starting to get annoying. I tried manually scrolling up but that was way too tedious and took a very long time just to delete one message (it defaults back to the latest after you delete one)

No auto delete that I know of.

You can delete the entire thread. From the main screen that shows all the threads, tap and hold whatever thread you want to change. You get a pop-up menu with choices.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yeah, I was trying to avoid that as it is nice to sometimes have a record of certain conversations, but I think that'll be my only option.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Check out the app in the market called "delete old messages."
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

Very glad i found this thread, I was having the same issue with my longer threads, and was out of options and just deleted all of them, but was not real happy that I had to, nice to be able to just delete the older ones.

If you want to keep them you can back them up to your card using SMSBackup & Restore from the Market. It works great. Once you back the thread up to your card you can delete the whole thread. If you ever want to restore the thread you can do so using the app or you can just view the backup threads at anytime using the app. This was the perfect solution for me.

Thanks for the app cory. I have always wondered the exact same thing because I get message threads above 1000 and it takes for ever to load. I will be checking that app out though. I was never really caring to back them up I just never wanted to delete all my texts in the thread and that is what I was doing