Auto-killing apps preventing the phone from sleeping?

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
So I booted up my phone this morning and for some reason, there's something running in the background that's preventing it from "sleeping" so the awake time is the same as the up time. This is incredibly frustrating, and I have no clue what it might be that's keeping it awake. Is there any app or anything out there that I can use to shut down all services that are preventing the phone from sleeping?

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
There are numerous threads out there on the subject. Search is your friend. :)

There are apps out there, one is called advanced task killer, that will allow you to shut down or kill things running in the background. Some think the calendar app is doing it, but my personal feeling is that it isn't just "one" thing thats doing it. I think for whatever reason, android isn't shutting something down like its supposed to and it keeps the phone awake. But that something could possibly be "anything".

You will have to see if there is an app or something you just installed or if its another process or widget of some type keeping the phone awake by trial and error using the task killer.

Personally I don't bother with the task killers anymore. Some swear by them, others don't. I think its becoming more of personal preference than tried and true fix now.