Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By PvilleComp
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Incredible Users: What is your next phone?

There are a lot of new phones coming out and all are worthy of a upgrade which a lot of you probably have already or very soon.

Im planning to upgrade my phone next month, so I'm trying to do my research and weigh in on all the options. So, I'm curious for those that have used and loved the Incredible, which new phone you are eyeing most.

HTC Rezound: My current front runner. Seems like a huge upgrade from the Incredible while still having a familiar look and feel. Only turn off for me is the weird back cover and it seems like a chunky device compared to the Razr and Nexus.

Droid Razr: I love the design of this phone, but not a fan of Motoblur or whatever they call it now. However, it seems like a solid performer, is super thin, and just looks so badass. I wouldn't mind rocking the Razr again!

Galaxy Nexus: Obviously the fan favorite here, but I feel like its a step too far from what I'm familiar with (HTC Sense). Seems like a wise investment, but the 5MP camera and lack of sd card slot is iffy.

Cheap Thunderbolt: You might laugh at me for this one, but I'm also thinking of trying to get a deal on a Thunderbolt after all these phones are released. I can imagine Verizon wanting to clear out stock so if I could get a Thunderbolt for 100 or less...that wouldn't be a bad idea. To be honest, I'm a rather basic phone user and the Tunderbolt would certainly fit me well for the task.

So, what are you guys thinking about getting?

Default Re: Droid Incredible Users: What is your next phone?

Rezound seems like a nice upgrade from the DINC, but i'm gonna wait to see professional and consumer reviews before I consider it. Especially would like to see if battery life is better than the Thunderbolt or other 4g phones that have been really bad...

Well, the answer on what depends on your preferences, or if there is even a need. Right now, nothing makes me want to jump up and spend $300 just to have something new.

Now, if I NEEDED to upgrade in the near future (I got my Dinc shortly after release so I get my last new every two in February) it would be the HTC rezound or the Nexus Galaxy/Prime. I HATE moto. The Razr looks nice, but I don't like there Blur or whatever, and as a someone who roots/tinkers with the phone, I hate the locked boot loader.

I'm a big fan of Sense, but i like running some AOSP Roms on my device as well. So for me, I would probably go Rezound or Nexus. I like the openness of the Nexus, but as long as the Rezound can be rooted and Unlocked Bootloader (or the means to unlock it) I would probably stick with HTC, although their battery life leaves something to be desired.

So, the question is....Do you like Sense? If so go with the Rezound. Do you prefer Removable battery? If yes count OUT the Razr. Do you want the first to get updates? Then go with the Nexus. Remember, it took 6 months to a year for HTC to incorporate Sense into Gingerbread. GB has been out for what....2 months for the Dinc, but it was release a year ago from Google. There are many factors to be weighed before choosing. There is no one size fits all, and that's what I love about Android over the iPhone.
    Devices:

Rooted HTC Droid Incredible
    Rooted Nook Color
    Rooted HTC Rezound
    Soon to be rooted Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Found it!

Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by LemonheaterKL View Post
    There are a lot of new phones coming out and all are worthy of a upgrade which a lot of you probably have already or very soon.

Im planning to upgrade my phone next month, so I'm trying to do my research and weigh in on all the options. So, I'm curious for those that have used and loved the Incredible, which new phone you are eyeing most.

HTC Rezound: My current front runner. Seems like a huge upgrade from the Incredible while still having a familiar look and feel. Only turn off for me is the weird back cover and it seems like a chunky device compared to the Razr and Nexus.

Droid Razr: I love the design of this phone, but not a fan of Motoblur or whatever they call it now. However, it seems like a solid performer, is super thin, and just looks so badass. I wouldn't mind rocking the Razr again!

Galaxy Nexus: Obviously the fan favorite here, but I feel like its a step too far from what I'm familiar with (HTC Sense). Seems like a wise investment, but the 5MP camera and lack of sd card slot is iffy.

Cheap Thunderbolt: You might laugh at me for this one, but I'm also thinking of trying to get a deal on a Thunderbolt after all these phones are released. I can imagine Verizon wanting to clear out stock so if I could get a Thunderbolt for 100 or less...that wouldn't be a bad idea. To be honest, I'm a rather basic phone user and the Tunderbolt would certainly fit me well for the task.

So, what are you guys thinking about getting?
    Personally, I'll be getting a Nexus. You gotta remember, megapixels means NOTHING in terms of quality. The Nexus' 5 MP will solidly beat any 8 MP camera due to the better optics, not to mention the much better camera software in ICS. And the no memory card slot is an easy objection to overcome - very rarely does anyone have a memory card larger than 16 gigs and/or removes their memory card from the phone.

Sense is nice to look at, I'll admit, but it's a bloated, resource hog that drains batteries like there's no tomorrow. I would definitely watch the video announcement of ICS or read an article/blog that covers all the new features (I did one, if you'd like the link) if you haven't already - tons of cool new features that you might like to have.

If you really can't be swayed from Sense, then the Rezound will be an awesome phone too - just not as nice as the Nexus, until whenever HTC decides to give it ICS
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

For me, it would either be the Galaxy Nexus or the HTC Rezound. I'll have to read full reviews on both and try them out in store before I get one though. And I'm not due for an upgrade until February.
    Droid Incredible since June 2010

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - 4.08 build

If I had to pick today (or soon), i'd go with the Nexus. Luckily, my DInc is still working great, and with the hope of an ICS ROM for it, I can plan on keeping this phone once my contract runs out.

I am currently drooling for the Razr....cant wait

I can't get any phone that doesn't have a superamoled screen thanks to my old school incredible so I think that I might have to go with the razr
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Thank you all for the replies!

I'm actually just thinking about sticking with my Incredible since it works really well for me. Wait for reviews to come in and see the general consensus with how people like each phone and what problems there are. It's what I did with the Incredible and I will likely wait it out and do my research before buying a new one.

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

Gnex - Love the DINC, it's served me well, and will remain my backup phone, but i'm looking forward to a pure vanilla experience (although I have to admit, sense is pretty solid), and gotta get me some ICS.

I've liked my DINC...but so damned dissappointed with HTC (& VZW) over this Gingerbread debacle, as well as my huge upset with HTC for pulling their sponsorship of the HTC Pro-cycling team that I really am thinking about jumping ship when my upgrade comes around. I think I'll start looking around and play with phones in various stores to see what else is out there, how it feels in hand, what else besides Sense is out there, etc.

For me it will be the HTC Rezound.
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    NOOK Color rooted & Acer Iconia A100 for my tabs YEAH!! Retired: HTC Rezound & Incredible

Global Posts
    490 Global Posts

I tend to get used phones so I can stay off contract. I love my inc and hate the trend to larger screens. I may get an HTC trophy cheap so I can learn about win phone 7.

Otherwise I'm keeping my inc.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Just actually looked at the specs for the rezound and it looks awesome but ever since going to cm 7 I don't know if I can go back to sense it just feels slower and bloated

Sent from my cm7 incredible

ROM
    stock

Quote Originally Posted by mikefrombx View Post
    Just actually looked at the specs for the rezound and it looks awesome but ever since going to cm 7 I don't know if I can go back to sense it just feels slower and bloated

Sent from my cm7 incredible
    Yea but you know a phone like that will get CM soon
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

Global Posts
    4,265 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM-7

Both Cory and Micky said it on the Podcast last night. There is nothing out there still that is as solid an overall experience as the DInc. I'm looking at the Nexus, but I'm not in any rush. My son want's a phone and has his eye on mine, so ... I don't know, we'll see.
    Some say that his dormant chips were left that way for YOUR SAFETY... Others say that once "turned on," he can not be turned off... All we know is... He's called The Stig.

ROM
    TouchWiz/Android 4.3

I was at a get together last night with some friends, and one of them recently bought a Galaxy S II. That phone's display and speed are ridiculous. That being said, even with all the goofiness surrounding HTC and it's GB update kerflufle, I still will support them. A Sense phone for me will be where it's at. But, my Droid Incredible is the best phone I have ever had. And I am in no hurry to replace my baby.
    Last edited by Jowlah; 11-07-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    Don't Eat Yellow Snow!!!

ROM
    Stock until 4.0.4 hits

day 1 DInc here (rooted but stock)... love this little phone with a passion that borders on obsession

account update is Dec 29 (buh bye last NE2 - been nice knowin' ya) --- unless the Galaxy Nexus has a nasty little problem that presents itself between launch & dec 29, it shall be mine!

ROM
    Android 2.3.3

Currently I am eyeing the GNexus. Although my contract isnt up till April, so who knows what will be out by then.

Will be hard to give up my Dinc, I will probably turn it into my crash test dummy phone and have all sorts of fun with some crazy ROMs and what not. Or I might keep it and hold out till something spectacular shows up (tegra 3).

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Before the GB mess (that has severly hampered both of the Dincs in my house) I was really happy with my phone and would have considered the Rezound or probably the GNex...

After the GB mess (and the not so friendly experience of trying to get it resolved through Verizon), I've decided to replace my hampered Dincs with (gasp) iPhones... I know the drawbacks to the iOS platform but I think I'm making the right move for me.

My Dinc may still live on... either as a wifi/media player for my son (instead of buying him a Touch) or simply as something toy around with (when I want venture outside the world of Apple).

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

I don't have any real reason to upgrade yet, but the Nexus has peaked my interest. Between the GB debacle, the HTC "application data space is low", and the absolutely horrid battery life...I'm not sure the Sense UI can win me over on my next phone.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,013 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I just want a Dinc 3.....I am tired of these huge screens.

Global Posts
    6,707 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

My next upgrade will be the Nexus,the Rezound came in second.Im not interested in the Razr.
    The unremovable battery and locked boot ,and the same ole moto design was a deal breaker on the Razr.
    Im still keeping the dinc as my second phone tho,the dx will go in my sock drawer

sent via TaPaTaLk

Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    ROM
    Droid Inc JB 4.1.1

The HTC Edge is sounding badass. Rumored to be the first phone with the new quad-core Tegra 3 processor.
    "I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks."
    Copy Referral Link. - Start with 15GB of space. You and I get 5GB extra! No limits!
    Dropbox Referral Link. - We both get 500MB extra.