1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default playing through a car stereo

I would like to play my Droid Incredible through my car stereo, but I only have an FM radio and tape deck. Any ideas?
    thanks

Yes get a cassette tape adapter. It has a stereo 3.5mm plug that plugs into the headphone jack of the phone and the cassette goes in your radio and whatever you hear from the headset jack will play through your radio speakers. I don't have the Inc yet as mine is on order but that's how you can play any electronic device with a standard 3.5mm stereo headphone jack.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

great idea, thanks
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,010 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by crump13 View Post
    Yes get a cassette tape adapter. It has a stereo 3.5mm plug that plugs into the headphone jack of the phone and the cassette goes in your radio and whatever you hear from the headset jack will play through your radio speakers. I don't have the Inc yet as mine is on order but that's how you can play any electronic device with a standard 3.5mm stereo headphone jack.
    WOW bringing back memories of the 90's with the tape deck adapter!

This runs on 2 AA batteries (or wall AC at home) and you can choose it to broadcast over any FM channel. I've had one for several years now.

Or, you could go to a car stereo shop and have them put in a wired aux input. It probably would go into your car radio's FM antenna input (your car's FM antenna would then plug into that so you still have all radio functions.) Then you just plug the headphone output of your phone into your car's aux in jack, and select whatever FM channel - usually 88.3 MHz.- the aux input works at. Everything is over wire, not over the air. That's probably the better way.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Ive never had much luck with the radio transmitter devices. I had almost forgotten about the 'ol tape adapter. I know the sound quality wont be fantastic though. Getting the aux input installed isnt a bad idea, but its prob going to be too expensive. The tape adapter is like 10bucks and definitely fits the bill.
    I'm never listening to FM radio again!

With the current popularity to Ban cell phone use for talking or texting while in car by many states in the US, it is starting to become a better choice to install a head unit with Bluetooth. I did this a few years ago with use for my LG chocolate and loved it. I have since used it with an Ipod Touch and now the Incredible. It really is an awesome way for handsfree. Phone rings thru speakers, music fades out, hit dial on head unit to answer, talk and listen thru car speakers, end call with dail, music fades back in. Pretty badass, and you can stream whatever music app with 3G, just wish android had PocketTunes Radio app.....