How is the music player?

spoonings

May 11, 2010
Visit site
The music player on my Palm Pre Plus is laggy, it takes forever to load lists of songs/artists, and crashes frequently. How is the music player on the Incredible? How does it compare to, say... the iPod Touch/iPhone?

Injektilo

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The HTC player is just a reskin of the default android music player. The biggest problem is when shuffling all your music it tends to play the same songs over and over, there's no way to turn off the repeat all option, this has been true on all android phones I've used.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
yea, the stock player is nicer (looking) than stock android, and doesn't have any lag that i've noticed (but i don't have that much music on it either) but it's nothing special.

the nice thing about android though is you can choose from a handful of players in the market. look in the apps section of the forum, if you still need help or something i can give some recommendations of ones i've tried out in the past.

the ipod touch/iphone player is nothing special in my eyes either, but comparing the two, the apple player has a better shuffle algorithm.

personally, i use my zuneHD for music, and find their player to be the nicest right now.

chomsky1

Banned
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
My only gripe about the Android/HTC music player is the lack of an EQ, but other than that the sound quality is as good as my iPod Touch, to my ears.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I agree with the comments are accurate. My only gripe is that on shuffle it does tend to play the same songs over and over.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, the INC music interface is good.... but still not as good as the Itouch. For now, I am still keeping my music and my phone separate.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
In my opinion, the INC music interface is good.... but still not as good as the Itouch. For now, I am still keeping my music and my phone separate.

i don't think i'll ever really combine my pmp and my phone into one, especially not when battery life is still an issue with phones.

someday though... :)

bigslam123

May 3, 2010
Visit site
There are a few third party options for media playback. there is bTunes which looks and feels nearly exactly the same and an iPod Touch, as it uses the same interface. If you want an all in one media player (Video/Audio) then Meridian is the way to go. Both are better than the included media player.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I use the stock player but now might have to switch to something else >_>. But by far the best thing about Android is that you can use an app like TuneSync that will sync playlists from iTunes on your computer onto the phone, artwork and what not all included.

A guy actually tried to release something similar for the iPhone but got rejected by Apple so wireless sync is something you can rub into any iPhone user =P

Needed more space for my music actually prompted me to get this great deal on a 16GB microSD card off Amazon. 16GB for $30!. Now just need to figure out podcast syncing and ill be set =]

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
How well does this phone play podcasts? For example can it play a single track that is 120+ minutes?

Kainz15

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with the music player. As other people have stated - it's not that great, but it works! I use the stock player, and haven't tried any others, but now I might look into it!

JimmyMac

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I think the stock music player is okay. But my biggest gripe is the delay or lag between songs. This may not be apparent if each song has its own track, thus no problem. However, if one song is on multiple tracks, then you will hear a break in the music when it switches from track to track. This is not a problem for most, but for one of my college classes (Music) it becomes annoying. They take a song and break it down to different tracks to split up the elements of the musical piece. On my 3GS, the music plays flawlessly, never noticing the switch between tracks. So its all seamless like it is on one track. However, on my Incredible, you have a slight pause when it switches tracks. So if you are listening to Beethoven's Symphony No 5, you'll hear the music pause for a split second every 30 or so seconds (or however long the tracks are). Annoying.

I even tried putting the music directly on the phone vs. my micro sd card. Same issue. I wonder if other music players are better? I'll have to look around.

Anyways, this will not be a problem for most people. It's not quite as fast as the iphone 3GS when loading up huge music or song lists. But once its in memory, its plenty fast. Its decent.

spoonings

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if headphones that have an in-line mic and volume/skip controls will work with the Incredible? Like if I the Monster Beats with the control talk cable, would it allow me to control the music playback and answer calls?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power