Pictures on SD Card

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
I have some pictures that are from a guys week in Vegas that I would like to keep on a 16gig card that I got from a friend. The problem is that I would like to keep these private, or in a different folder than the rest of my pictures. Is this possible to do on the droid? Is it a better idea to keep the pictures on a completely different SD card?

Pictures arent horrible, or anything, but when the father in law is a minister. It might be a little awkward to see some of the party pictures from vegas. Basically I need what happened in vegas to stay in Vegas, with the exception of my SD card.:eek:

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
you could always just hook your phone up to the computer and create a random folder on the SD card like "vegas" or something. It wouldnt show up in photos (I think) and could open it if you wanted to show someone using Astro File Manager.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
if you do that it will still show up in the gallery app.

if you only don't want to see them in the gallery, just add a file named ".nomedia"

android gallery apps shouldn't show anything in folders with that file in them.

so here's how i would do it:

1. plug phone into computer and mount storage/sd card
2. create folder called anything you want (ie "vegas")
3. open notepad and save a blank text file called ".nomedia"
4. copy that file into the folder you created

alternatively you can search on the card or storage for the file, most likely an app has created that file on its own for something or another.

hope that was clear :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood