Is Gingerbread ever coming?

snppr22

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got off the phone with VZW AND HTC and was told the Sept GB update was pulled after a few days and just started pushing again this week. What's the deal? I have not seen any reports of the newest OTA being pulled. Can someone help me out?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure if it was pushing it would surely have been reported here. If you not opposed to rooting I'd say that's the only way the Inc is going to get GB.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes it will eventually be resumed. They're not gonna start an update, pull it, and then not finish pushing it out.

I'm not totally convinced. I remember the dark days of the BB Storm 1 when Verizon released the last POS "update" (328 I think). I'm pretty sure the phone wasn't even a year old and there was no "This is the final update" or anything, it was just the last one they ever sanctioned even though there were quite a few other carriers that released updates beyond that on that were by far better. My point is, I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if Verizon lets the Inc and the GB update for it just it fade away.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not totally convinced. I remember the dark days of the BB Storm 1 when Verizon released the last POS "update" (328 I think). I'm pretty sure the phone wasn't even a year old and there was no "This is the final update" or anything, it was just the last one they ever sanctioned even though there were quite a few other carriers that released updates beyond that on that were by far better. My point is, I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if Verizon lets the Inc and the GB update for it just it fade away.

Not pushing out an update entirely is one thing. But there's no way they start an update, get a handful of phones updated, then yank it and never update the rest. If they're gonna update, they're gonna update all the phones and finish the job

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Not pushing out an update entirely is one thing. But there's no way they start an update, get a handful of phones updated, then yank it and never update the rest. If they're gonna update, they're gonna update all the phones and finish the job

I like your optimism. Good thing we're both rooted

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
the reason the update was pulled was because people were no longer receiving text messages...this has been corrected, and they are resuming the rollout

joverman56

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

God... the BB storm days.... I hated that phone and think Verizon hated us and it too. Kind of starting to feel Verizon is starting to give the cold shoulder to us with this phone. Only difference is this phone is still 100 times better than the storm.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It's funny. My mom has the BB Storm and she loves the phone. The phone stopped getting updates long ago. But as far as the DInc, I believe that the updates will resume. When? I haven't the foggiest.