Upgrade that 2GB microSD!

R

Roy Aguilera

great prices, but at those class 2 speeds it might be faster if you chisel your data onto a rock tablet. warning...

You would be surprised. Cory ran some tests and the class2 Sandisk was almost identical to what the class 6 pumped out. ;)

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Only time you MIGHT notice a difference between the Class 2's and 6's is when copying data from your computer to the disk (and only if you were copying a ton of data at one time.)

So you may see a tiny bit of improvement the first time you move your mp3 collection onto the card, but otherwise the difference (for this type of use) is negligible and certainly not worth the cash.

Think about what you are doing with the files on that card: playing songs, watching movies, opening documents etc. None of these activities is going to be noticeably impacted by the difference in read/write times from a class 2 and a class 6 card.

huey

May 12, 2010
Visit site
agreed; i have the 16GB Sandisk Class 2 from BestBuys (~$32 after price match with Office Depot) and i see no noticeable performance between this and my older/faster 2GB card

Go for it!

rolln217

May 12, 2010
Visit site
If i am running a 2 gig card on my rooted phone with custom ROM and themes, what do I have to do to change to a different card? Can i just copy all my files over to new card and put it in the phone? Will this affect my root? recovery img? ROM?

Last edited:

xLwoodx

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
i want to get a 32gb card. but they are to expensive right now. sandisk is the only one with a 32gb card..
does any one know when samsung is going to release there 32gb card?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19