1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Upgrade that 2GB microSD!

Amazon has some really, really great prices on microSD cards right now. In particular, the 8 and 16GB cards from Sandisk seem like a steal at $10 and $30, respectfully. It's almost a no-brainer to upgrade that 2GB card Verizon is giving out with the Inc at those prices.

Also, head over to the applications board where I talk a bit more about what you can do with that extra space if you are so inclined =]
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

great prices, but at those class 2 speeds it might be faster if you chisel your data onto a rock tablet. warning...
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I've heard the incredible the read UP TO 32 gig SD cards, is this true?
    Feel free to private message me at any time! I enjoy getting private messages.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

It has been discussed before that the different speeds on android OS doesn't make a difference got memory cards
    Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    great prices, but at those class 2 speeds it might be faster if you chisel your data onto a rock tablet. warning...
    Roy Aguilera

Quote Originally Posted by indianajonze View Post
    You would be surprised. Cory ran some tests and the class2 Sandisk was almost identical to what the class 6 pumped out.

Only time you MIGHT notice a difference between the Class 2's and 6's is when copying data from your computer to the disk (and only if you were copying a ton of data at one time.)

So you may see a tiny bit of improvement the first time you move your mp3 collection onto the card, but otherwise the difference (for this type of use) is negligible and certainly not worth the cash.

Think about what you are doing with the files on that card: playing songs, watching movies, opening documents etc. None of these activities is going to be noticeably impacted by the difference in read/write times from a class 2 and a class 6 card.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

agreed; i have the 16GB Sandisk Class 2 from BestBuys (~$32 after price match with Office Depot) and i see no noticeable performance between this and my older/faster 2GB card

Go for it!

If i am running a 2 gig card on my rooted phone with custom ROM and themes, what do I have to do to change to a different card? Can i just copy all my files over to new card and put it in the phone? Will this affect my root? recovery img? ROM?
    Last edited by rolln217; 05-19-2010 at 08:27 PM.

I am using the 8 gig card I had in my storm1 and the 2 gig card that came with the Incredible is now in my 12.1 megapixel camera.
    Pronounced "woon."

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

i want to get a 32gb card. but they are to expensive right now. sandisk is the only one with a 32gb card..
    does any one know when samsung is going to release there 32gb card?