Dust - Screen Gap

johndengler

May 14, 2010
Visit site
One of my biggest annoyances with the incredible is that the gap between the screen and the housing constantly fills with dust from keeping my phone in my pocket. I've tried the Verizon Silicone case, but the gap still fills with dust.

My questions is, how big is the gap on your incredible? Can you fit a piece of paper in it? Is your gap as big as my gap?

Will HTC manufacture this phone with tighter tolerances with future production runs of the Incredible a la Blackberry Tour (green dot), storm, etc.

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
i keep my phone in my pocket when not using it. i dont have any problem with dust & i have the black glossy silicone case from vzw. i dont have this big gap you are talking about.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
It happens, but it's not a big deal. Best way to clean it out is take a business card or piece of paper, and run the corner of the card/paper around the housing. It'll get all the gunk out.

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
The simple solution is make sure your pants pockets are clean and free of any dust and lint! Problem solved!

I've talked with a few people at work about thier phones and the consensus is, no matter what phone, your pretty much going to get dust and lint and crap in and on it.

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
If you're concerned about dust and keep the phone in your pocket, I would consider getting a pouch that it can slide in/out when you need it.