Random Text Messages

L2TheE

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Over the past couple weeks I've been receiving random text messages from
number I don't know ie "Now that's funny. Lol" "Don't be lighting no matches, granny will be flaming" "About time" "U let those Chilean mexicans stop working??? Ridiculous lol."..........

Keep in mind I've had my same number for close to ten years now and my Droid Incredible for almost two years.

Any thoughts?!?!

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Over the past couple weeks I've been receiving random text messages from
number I don't know ie "Now that's funny. Lol" "Don't be lighting no matches, granny will be flaming" "About time" "U let those Chilean mexicans stop working??? Ridiculous lol."..........

Keep in mind I've had my same number for close to ten years now and my Droid Incredible for almost two years.

Any thoughts?!?!

If it's a 10-digit number, look up the area code to verify that it's actually a legit number, then have Verizon customer service block the number for you.

tmettler5

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed lately that I will send text messages to one person, and someone else responds with "was this for me?" My dad also experienced the same thing: sending a message that he thought was to one person, and it went to someone else...

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I have noticed lately that I will send text messages to one person, and someone else responds with "was this for me?" My dad also experienced the same thing: sending a message that he thought was to one person, and it went to someone else...

If your phone is definitely showing the message as being sent to the correct intended recipient, yet someone else says they got it, then I would definitely check with Verizon to see if there are any reported issues with texting in the area - misdirected texts would be more of a network thing, although it is something that has come up every now and then on Android phones. If it is a network thing though, it should be happening more frequently - at least once or twice a week

L2TheE

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks all. Maybe once this Low Phone Storage Issue is resolved I move on to the random text messages. I can only handle one issue at a time LoL

Yoshifan95

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I get random text messages too, but the number must be *67'd, because it says "Unknown Sender" and wont let me respond. I was able to get the message that was sent to me:
???-???-???? said:
��B M y ?? 2??~d 4eA ~ݹycӇb ??iٕ ?ytAO?>?v?ASF?h4?A?v?(0 闟E?
A 2
and i have no clue what it means. I get sent the SAME message, not a bunch of different ones, but the SAME one. I don't know what to do.