How do i stop the GB update notification??!!!!!!!!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted, running Skyraider 4.2. I have gone in and renamed the zip file as instructed to do in other posts. I am STILL getting that dang notification, how do I make it stop!?

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Not sure which zip file you're talking about, but 1) if you're on a custom ROM, you shouldn't be getting OTA notifications - your developer should have taken care of that already, and 2) I don't believe it's a zip file that needs editing - back when I was on stock, I edited the build.prop to cease the notifications

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I am rooted, running Skyraider 4.2. I have gone in and renamed the zip file as instructed to do in other posts. I am STILL getting that dang notification, how do I make it stop!?

I believe this is the post your referring to. Scroll down to post #2 and check the note highlighted in the yellow box.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/in...our-htc-droid-incredible-gingerbread-ota.html

I was having same issue yesterday and I'm on Business Gingersense 3.5 and was surprised to receive it, especially since I could have sworn I disabled this a long time ago...I guess you have to re-do it every ROM flash.

Anyway, after I re-disabled the alerts, I got another one. Rebooted, got it again, hit the "Clear" button on the drop down notification and it went away and I haven't gotten one since...that was yesterday about noon. Give it a shot.

Reactions: zrxoa1

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, that is exactly what I did, it finally seems to have stopped the notification. It took several reboot n battery removals to stop it.

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have skyraider 4.2 as well and also renamed the OTACERT file and im still getting the notification of the system update. I would love to get it to stop. With my luck I will accidentally hit install now when the popup box comes up.

Sent from my HTC Flyer waiting on root using Tapatalk

crump13

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm still have the GB notification come up. I have been dealing with it for a while now and would love some advice about how to stop it. Can anyone assist me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JaydenWhitfield