Battery life is horrible since OTA 11/15/11

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Any idea what is causing this? I had no problems at all before this? So P.O. now. I knew I should of not did this update. Any help would be appreciated.

iBowToAndroid

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Well the best thing to do is to charge it all the way up, run it all the way down, and then right before it dies, jump in the battery use settings to see exactly what's been using it. With new software though, this is something that is a common side effect. On your next charge cycle, try fully charging the battery up with the phone powered off, then let it run down all the way until it dies completely, then charge it all the way back up again with the phone off. This should help to re-calibrate the battery and help it acclimate itself to the new software.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks I'llI try that. Sometimes I wish they would just leave things alone. I mean this phone worked great and I had no issues with battery life. It was actually really good.

aodshark

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
I had some similar battery issues initially; checking the battery usage, it turned out that the Facebook app was cranking away a few hours worth of GPS use. I haven't fiddled with GPS settings much, but that might be a lead for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084