Undelete Texts? All 600 lost.

anthonym83

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Not that I really think there is, but in the off chance... there's no way to undelete texts right. There's no intermediate location for them like a trash can or cache?

I was using Handcent which keeps giving me little delays...I think when I went to press the delete button for a specific post or draft (I hate how Handcent manages drafts) it had finally caught up and moved to the main inbox screen, but i didn't realize. So went through the motions of going to menu, clicking delete, and confirming the command...but it was actually to delete all threads.

Then my Backup Pro had the SMS messages saved, but didn't restore anything...only deleted the new ones I had received after I accidental deletion incident. I tried it again with an empty inbox and still didn't restore texts (though looks like it finished the process...no error messages and showed each text being restored in the progress bar). But nothing...

Any ideas on getting the texts back or getting Backup Pro to restore (files are saved online)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Um, no I don't believe there is unless you used some way of backing them up. Remember Android is Linux and Linux doesn't have a recycle bin. When it's gone it's gone.

In the future I would look at one of the various text message backup services/programs out there.

anthonym83

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I had a good deal of information there... addresses, dates, and specifics about situations related to work. Plus a good deal of texts with social/personal importance. That's why I bought the backup program. Any ideas...

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I had a good deal of information there... addresses, dates, and specifics about situations related to work. Plus a good deal of texts with social/personal importance. That's why I bought the backup program. Any ideas...

Have you tried contacting the developer? It's possible there is a bug in the software and they can help. but honestly I would look for something that automatically backs them up off phone, say to your gmail account

Pro9Chance

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I know this wouldn't help now but for future references use a SMS backup/restore... Search that in the market place and it should come up... I've had nothing but good luck with it.

anthonym83

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I actually had My Backup Pro installed, but when I did a restore, the messages never showed up in my inbox. No error messages or anything. It popped up a status bar that looked like it was restoring them 1/657 and slowly went up to 657/657, then went back to homescreen...but all I had was an empty inbox.

Emailed MyBackup Pro support. They just said that had never happened before.

anthonym83

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Phew, uninstalled Handcent completely, restarted, and that allowed My Backup Pro to restore properly. Though, it was apparently supposed to work with Handcent. The tech support guy asked me through email what SMS application I was using, then still said they hadn't had that problem before.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae