Searching For Lowest Price. (HELP?)

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok, looking for an Incredible but to be totally honest I'd rather not pay full retail price if possible. Anybody know where I can find any good deals, cheap prices? EBAY? AMAZON? RETAIL STORES? LINKS? Any suggestions or fully welcomed. Thank you!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
You need to give us more info. Are you currently a verizon customer? If so: How long into your contract are you?

Ebay prices of new hot devices are usually pretty close (sometimes higher) than the cost of getting them in the vzw store -- plus unless they are an authorized reseller you forfeit the right to add insurance and may have issues getting a warranty replacement if needed, and buying them outright from a retailer like BB or Radio Shack is generally about $50 more than the Verizon store.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Call Verizon on contract $199
Amazon $249 on contract. Believe the price is the same at Bestbuy, maybe they will match Verizon. Cheapest you will get it off contract no NE2 and no rebate is still Verizon.

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have a two year contract and I have an HTC Droid Eris, both which I got in December. I would like to have a warranty available so only trustworthy places, call me crazy but I would rather not be scammed by some guy craigslist.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Ok I have a two year contract and I have an HTC Droid Eris, both which I got in December. I would like to have a warranty available so only trustworthy places, call me crazy but I would rather not be scammed by some guy craigslist.

Then you're pretty much stuck to retail pricing. $500ish dollars.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

They aren't going to give you update pricing this short a time into your contract so you are going to have to pay full retail, unfortunately.

I completely agree about steering clear of Craigslist. This is wierd though I just did a search on ebay to get a ballpark price and all it is coming up is accessories. Anyone else see this? Could it have something to do with the shortage?

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
This is wierd though I just did a search on ebay to get a ballpark price and all it is coming up is accessories. Anyone else see this? Could it have something to do with the shortage?

I noticed that too but I was just thinking it was my ebay apps fault. I guess its the shortage. Darn, I dobt want to spend that much when its basically a given right now that Android phones are becoming outdated every other 4 months. I may just wait till this december and pay that extra 20 bucks for an early upgrade for an android phone with a front camera like the evo. Perferably HTC of course. ;-)

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Don't give up on Verizon, call them and tell them what you want to do. Sometimes they will let you extend your contract out and get 2 year pricing, they did mine 8 months early. Not so sure they will do it with only 5-6 months in on your current contract though.

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
Don't give up on Verizon, call them and tell them what you want to do. Sometimes they will let you extend your contract out and get 2 year pricing, they did mine 8 months early. Not so sure they will do it with only 5-6 months in on your current contract though.
WHOA WHOA WHOA! That is awesome. I may see what they say. I am just tired of the laggyness. I love love love the vzw customer service but I feel like a used car dealer tricked me into buying a bad car!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
You can ask but you are 6 months into a 2 year contract. It's normal for them to let you early upgrade at a year if your calling plan is high enough but a year and a half is stretching it.

Yeah it sucks that Verizon and HTC basically re-branded the (at the time) 4-5 month old Hero and gave it a new name to get people to buy it. It's not a bad phone per se but it is definitely underpowered and your 2.1 upgrade was gutted. I'd mention that about all the stuff that was listed on their site as being in the Eris upgrade that wasn't too.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah bring up how the 2.1 update was gutted and you weren't delivered what was promised, you phone is laggier than is was etc. Tell them you aren't happy with your device. Basically tell them you are about the ditch them without saying it. That's what I did about my Storm and they didn't hesitate to give me 2 year pricing and some of my NE2. I ended up paying $174 final price for my phone. Beats the pants off $500+

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I tried twice at a store and once on the phone but I honestly come off too nice. I'm gonna put my foot down tomorrow.

As someone said earlier, I HIGHLY doubt you will get anything when you're only 5 months into the contract, foot down or not. Lets be real, if they honored your demands, then whats the point of contracts? Everyone can go in stomping their feet asking for a new phone after a few months into signing a contract. Try again in another 5 months, and you'll get more leiway. You can do an early upgrade after 1 year (on a 2 year contract), but you will forfeit your NE2.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
New Every 2. Its credit that VZW gives you after you've fulfilled 20 months into a 2 year contract (or 10 months into a 1 year contract). Depending on how long you've been with VZW, you either get $100 dollars on a 2 year contract (I've been with VZW for a while, so this was grandfathered to me as this amount was the policy before they updated); or now, I believe its $50? I may be wrong, since I'm on the older credit policy.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
As someone said earlier, I HIGHLY doubt you will get anything when you're only 5 months into the contract, foot down or not. Lets be real, if they honored your demands, then whats the point of contracts? Everyone can go in stomping their feet asking for a new phone after a few months into signing a contract. Try again in another 5 months, and you'll get more leiway. You can do an early upgrade after 1 year (on a 2 year contract), but you will forfeit your NE2.

I've seen it happen (also seen it not happen a whole lot more often) but you never know.

But here's some food for thought: Incredible is the king of the hill on Verizon right now (with Moto Droid a close second) but in 6 months (when they will almost certainly let you upgrade as long as your calling plan is high enough and you are in good standing with billing) there will be a new powerhouse Android phone that blows the Eris, Droid, Incredible, AND Evo out of the water.

Are you really THAT dissatisfied with the Eris with 2.1 or are you just chomping for something newer and better... if you are that dissatisfied with the phone them by all means to go the mattresses with it but if not sit tight for a bit and get something even better :)

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
New Every 2. Its credit that VZW gives you after you've fulfilled 20 months into a 2 year contract (or 10 months into a 1 year contract). Depending on how long you've been with VZW, you either get $100 dollars on a 2 year contract (I've been with VZW for a while, so this was grandfathered to me as this amount was the policy before they updated); or now, I believe its $50? I may be wrong, since I'm on the older credit policy.

Actually it does not really matter anymore how long you have been with them, they are taking any opportunity that they can (ESN swap, early upgrade, calling plan change) to scam us out of the larger NE2 amount. They have done it to me twice now so far both lines were originated long before they changed the NE2 amounts (like a YEAR before). I would not bank on getting any more than $50 out of them.

dannychaos

High Five Champion
Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I am honestly dissastified with the phone and yes I do want the new bad a** incredible I guess I could manage for 6 more months to see what's new but I would hate to wait and see the new thing is the Wildfire. The Shadow aka droid 2 is not my style really, I like candy bar phones better.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I've seen it happen (also seen it not happen a whole lot more often) but you never know.

But here's some food for thought: Incredible is the king of the hill on Verizon right now (with Moto Droid a close second) but in 6 months (when they will almost certainly let you upgrade as long as your calling plan is high enough and you are in good standing with billing) there will be a new powerhouse Android phone that blows the Eris, Droid, Incredible, AND Evo out of the water.

Are you really THAT dissatisfied with the Eris with 2.1 or are you just chomping for something newer and better... if you are that dissatisfied with the phone them by all means to go the mattresses with it but if not sit tight for a bit and get something even better :)

I know more than two handfuls of people that work all throughout VZW's hierarchy and none of them have done so(and have assured me that they are discouraged to do so), so I would say the chances are slim to none (and judging by the OP's post of trying THREE times and being denied all THREE times, I'd say its irrelevant at this point)

What you say is true about more phones coming out. The Droid 2 will be released soon (supposedly cleared FCC), so OP, I wouldn't get too infatuated by the DI seeing as how you are going to have to wait atleast another 5-6 months. Keep your options open as many more Android phones will be coming out, running 2.2 or higher (Gingerbread supposedly will be released Q4 of this year)

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Actually it does not really matter anymore how long you have been with them, they are taking any opportunity that they can (ESN swap, early upgrade, calling plan change) to scam us out of the larger NE2 amount. They have done it to me twice now so far both lines were originated long before they changed the NE2 amounts (like a YEAR before). I would not bank on getting any more than $50 out of them.

That is incorrect. I have been with Verizon for over 7 years now, and have had my $100 dollar NE2 grandfathered to me, to which I used it on my Incredible. I have been told directly from VZW representatives that there is a certain cutoff in age that you can have it grandfathered. How long have you been with VZW? A year before is not long, considering I have several years under my belt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34