battery life gb

kenjd

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone experiencing worse battery life with gb? Bump charging doesn't seen to work anymore. Is a task killer needed with gb?

marcjac

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Hey kenjd; I'm having the same problem.... battery seems to drop like a rock since the 2nd update yesterday. I got home from work and the battery showed 40% when it would normally show at least 70%. I don't use a task killer and from what I've read they're not really useful on Android devices in spite of their popularity. Time will tell I guess.

marcjac

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Interesting... perhaps I need to deep cycle my phone to reset the meter. All I know is that right now my phone is showing 77% when it would normally show around 90% at this time of day. Haven't used it in any way different from normal, so I'm not sure what could be causing the more rapid discharge. Only thing I know is I did the 2nd update yesterday morning and am running 2.15.10.07.07/ 4.08.605.2. Weird!:eek:

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing slightly less battery life. The thing that stands out is that in my Battery Use screen, the display is now consistently above 80%... I also see the Up and Awake times are almost identical. I haven't changed anything from what I was doing before the update...

I went into the advanced WiFi settings and I changed the WiFi to "Never Sleep when plugged in". It was set to Never sleep. That may have something to do with the awake vs. up time, but I'm at a loss about the display percentage.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I have it on automatic like I've always done... I did notice just now that it didn't seem to be changing with the ambient lighting, sooooo I turned auto off then back on, now it's adjusting like it should be.

I'm gonna charge the phone powered off tonight and see if the WiFi and brightness settings help tomorrow...

droidmindy

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
My battery life has been pretty bad the last couple of days too. I updated over the weekend and made no changes to the settings. Battery life was fine at home where I rely on solely on wifi.

But at my office, battery was dropping like a stone - losing 15% an hour on standby, or more if I was doing anything at all. By lunchtime I was in the 40% range. I'm a very light user during the workday so this is not normal -- I can eke out 12 hours on a charge. Awake time was still a fraction of up time, and the top users were display, wifi, cell standby, and phone standby.

I noticed the wifi sleep setting was at 15 minutes - don't know if that was always the case, but I changed it to "never," thinking that maybe the constant sleep on-off was causing the problem. That seems to have slowed it to a more typical level of draining.

So I haven't seen any improvement in battery life, but it's not bad. I have chargers everywhere so I can deal. BTW, one positive note - post-update the phone seems to charge a lot faster. I still bump charge out of habit every AM, although I can't tell if it really makes a difference.

ghess517

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Seems to me that the more gb works on the phone, the better the battery life. 1st day after 4.08 was horrible. Getting slightly better as we go...

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I had the 8/15 GB update, I am rooted and use a Task Killer and Autostarts. I was getting average of 2 days with normal use and I use my phone quite a lot. I updated to the latest one Sunday after getting Titanium and after freezing the bloatware I am getting the same battery life maybe a little better than when on the 8/15 GB update. If your Battery life went down look for rogue apps and apps that force close when they open. To address the display percentage going up that is because they are calculating it differently and that is normal. Also change your auot brightness to a lower setting and your battery life should improve also.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you guys charging with fast boot on or off? One other thing is that I use to always charge my phone with it off as it seems to hold a charge 100 times better do you all still need to that with the 4.08 update?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon