Speed of 3G on Incredible

jperiod

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Can some of you with the Incredible provide some feedback on your download and upload speeds with data. I have not seen much information about the speeds of Verizon's network as more incredibles are now accessing it. I am interested to know if the increase in smart phones on Verizon's 3G network is having similar effects that iphone initially had on AT&T network. If you could, could some of you post your speed test results?

Thanks
JW

generous

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Can some of you with the Incredible provide some feedback on your download and upload speeds with data. I have not seen much information about the speeds of Verizon's network as more incredibles are now accessing it. I am interested to know if the increase in smart phones on Verizon's 3G network is having similar effects that iphone initially had on AT&T network. If you could, could some of you post your speed test results?

Thanks
JW

1212 down
859 up

Bullpride

May 6, 2010
Visit site
735/ 118

But Speed test thought I was in Kansas and then North Carolina. I live in Tampa, so shouldn't it connect to a server close to here to test?

threepio

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
With 1 bar in my basement.....

Download: 1202 kbps
Upload: 465 kbps

I wonder what it would be with full 4 bars....ill try later.

dspcap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
with speedtest.net
1792 kbps down
902 kbps up

I live less than 1 mile from a cell tower. A few times I have gotten over 2000 kbps down.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
641 kbps up
680 kbps down

I live in DC so I am sure Verizon's network is a bit more strained here. I also tested on wifi and got over 8 MBPS down which is pretty awesome.

2WheelCowboy

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I tested my Nexus and D.I. with the same app. Nexus(T-Mobile) 700down/234up, D.I. 1790down/820up. The Nexus loads AC homepage faster than the D.I. Now the nexus i running Cyan 5.0.6. Both using the stock browsers. Stock Android on Nexus and stock HTC on D.I. Faster by maybe 3 seconds. Just for anyone who cares they both smoke my iPhone 3G.

NVR2ND

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Wonder why my numbers are so slow compared. I pulled my best out of 10 tests since I got the phone the first day it was out.

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I am interested to know if the increase in smart phones on Verizon's 3G network is having similar effects that iphone initially had on AT&T network. If you could, could some of you post your speed test results?

Thanks
JW

I would doubt the number of smart phone users on vzw has really spiked that much. A good percentage of Inc buyers are coming from data enabled phones already and the ones who aren't are probably not "heavy" users at this point.

I would be interested in seeing the numbers for new vzw subs (coming from other providers.) vzw hasn't really been able to "gain" in recent years with new devices.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
What kind of pings are you getting?

From my phone office 321 ping with 691/880

Seems strange that the up is faster than the down. Will need to try this from other locations to see if there is a change.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae