Interesting response from HTC regarding battery life

VZWBB

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I think I figured out what was keeping my 3g connection up. I installed an online chess app. I found it to be great fun and the app works pretty good, but it appears that it was just constantly looking for a response or something. I ended it with system panel, and it seems to have gone away. Now even with mobile data always on, the 3G indicator has stopped going crazy. Acting as it should.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
If they identify that it's a hardware issue, when you get a replacement you'll get a "like new replacement" that is of a later batch that doesn't have the reception problem.

That being said, I really hope it's a software issue.

Unless you're within the 30 days, you get a brand new device.

sURFNmADNESS

May 25, 2010
Visit site
I have tried the extended 1750 battery, it was getting so hot it was triggering apps to launch on their own on the touch screen. I got so fed up last night I did the reset as mentioned in the email on the first post. After reloading everything, the phone did terrific today with battery life. I have the original battery in and it was doing great until tonight. After repairing the phone with my laptop I started seeing the phone do it's never going fully into sleep mode again. I confirmed on both the Vista laptop and phone, the bluetooth was not connected but the devices where still paired. As the phone tried to go into sleep mode, it would blink on the screen like it was waking up about once ever few 20-30 secs but then back to black. This cycling soon started getting the battery warmer and warmer. So I started backing out changes made tonight but finally the only thing that seemed to allow it to go back to sleep (without the blinks) was to unpair the phone from the laptop. Finally the blinking screen stopped, the phone started to go back to sleep and the battery temp started going back to a normal again. So much for pairing the phone with the laptop and leaving the configuration.

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
As far as the phone not sleeping, for me it was the hTc calendar and that was all. I noticed my up time = my awake time. I read about the calendar being bugged and not allowing the phone to sleep, so I killed it with System Panel and it fixed that issue. My phone now goes into sleep mode and battery life increased noticeably. The calendar doesn't seem to refresh itself and reopen, so I've found that I don't have to keep checking unless I open the cal to use it, or reboot my phone. Everyone should definitely check their battery up/awake time, and if it's the same, start with the calendar!

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree. It's probably just an "answer for everything" type of thing. Like when tech support people tell you to run a defrag to fix blue screens. :D

No, it's a legitimate troubleshooting technique. One of the things it does is reset all of your settings to the default (and removes third party apps) to help eliminate the possibility that the problem is caused by them. I've seen various versions of this (it's called a security wipe on BlackBerry) on other platforms and a good amount of the time it solves the problem.

rugbyua9

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Unless you're within the 30 days, you get a brand new device.

Because you are within the 30 day period you have an option.

They are shipping me a brand new phone. They will charge me for it, but once my Incredible is shipped back and they recieve it, they credit me. You have to specifically tell them you want a brand new unit.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non