Incredible Call Quality - the Thread
06-04-2010 01:07 PM
- It has been mentioned throughout other threads and there seems to be a wide range of opinions on the subject. I am thinking about getting an Incredible but I need a good phone as much as I need data. I have HTC devices before and their phones are not always that good. This is a very subjective area - what's good to some is not so good to others. My iPhone is pretty good, but I don't think GSM is as clear as CDMA. I had a Touch Pro before and it was OK. The BB Storm original was awful, IMO - both the mic and earpiece.
Please, I would like to hear both positive and negative comments. I have at least 3 weeks before I can get one anyway (current shipping is 6/11).05-21-2010 12:04 PM
- it is easily the best phone I have ever had, but I came from LG feature phones (env3, chocolate) so I can't really offer a comparison to other smart phones. But I have been nothing but impressed and have only had 1 dropped call, and that was from my basement of my house which is out in the country so overall I would say the network is great.05-21-2010 12:08 PM
- I haven't used the phone (voice) too much. But when I was talking to a friend, she said I sounded clearer than when I talked to her on my 3GS. However, when I plugged headphones in, she said she got an echo (vs. my iphone sounded normal). So I dunno. That is all I have to compare call quality with so far. As far as my end of the phone, I don't really pay much attention since I do not use voice much. But it sounds decent I guess. No dropped calls at least (compared to AT&T).05-21-2010 05:22 PM
- Actually, I have found in general that my GSM phones (TMO and ATT) have had better voice and call quality than CDMA phones but that depends a lot on coverage in your area as well. My INC has very poor call quality with muffled sound and lots of syllable loss. I have tried the EVRC to EVRC-B change which maybe helped a little.
The other thing you should be concerned about and there is much discussion in forums including the VZ blogs that you can find by searching is the reception problems both on voice and EVDO. I have that too and it seems that the INC's radio is a very poor performer in weak signal areas WRT voice and weak to medium signal areas WRT 3G data. My EVDO signal strength is usually 10 to 20 dB weaker than my CDMA signal strength unless my CDMA signal strength is -75 to -80 dB or better and then the two are comparable or the EVDO is only a few dB weaker.
I have been told by VZ data techs that they are well aware of both the reception and call quality problems and are looking for solutions. Other people in direct contact with HTC have been told the same thing but so far no real answers or time frame for fixes.
I too have had several HTC phones and never have I had one that has had outstanding reception and for me the INC is no different. HTC makes great devices but lousy cell phones. I am holding out until the 29th day in hopes that HTC/VZ comes through with a fix for these problems because otherwise I really like the INC.05-21-2010 11:46 PM
- I've had no issues with dropped call or data service. Call quality on the speaker phone is much clearer than any phone I've owned, and so if the quality through the ear piece and bluetooth. Exceptional phone. First HTC phone I have owned so I can't tell you how it compare to older HTC phones, but I wouldn't hesitate to suggest an HTC to phone to friends or family judging off my results.05-22-2010 12:30 AM
- I used to have the Touch Pro on AT&T as well and I think it was a bit better than the Incredible not alot better but it was noticeable. Not sure if it's the phone or the network.
However it's not nearly enough for me to be concerned about. I don't make alot of calls and in every other respect the phone is light years ahead.05-22-2010 01:15 AM
- I have had the Inc for a few days now. Overall, call quality is good (mine has a good signal - always between -85 & -94 which was better than the Droid I had). But I can understand the complaints about the caller's voice breaking up in the earpiece. Sometimes when people talk and pause a lot, the end or beginning of their sentence is broken a little. I believe this is the noise cancellation software. I am not sure if this will eventually drive me crazy or not, but I have until June 30 to figure it out. The device on BT is excellent though - and everyone I talk to say I sound better on the Inc than I did on the iPhone. And I am really happy with the 3g service - 2x faster than ATT for me.06-04-2010 10:26 AM
- My call quality is so-so compared to my BB Storm. Missing syllables during convo yesterday (and days before that); rather hard for me to comprehend. Called CS to voice my concern and will be receiving a replacement once available.
I must say that the Inc is AWWWWESOME and also conclude that I got a defective unit (as well as a minority of others). No biggie (yet).06-04-2010 10:55 AM
- 06-04-2010 12:18 PM
- Came from a Storm 1 and feel like the sound quality is slightly better. This is especially true with the speakerphone. The S1's speakerphone was unusable. I even had the phone hooked up to my car through an FM transmitter and was able to use the speakerphone nicely with the person on the other end very happy with the sound quality.06-04-2010 01:07 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- Droid Incredible Series
- Verizon Droid Incredible
Incredible Call Quality - the Thread
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD