Anyway to get the OTA patch update to show on the phone sooner

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to force the update patch 4.08? I did try all the methods in all the threads,but the update will not show up. Any ideas. I am NOT rooted. Thanks for the help.

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Re: Anyway to get the OTA patch update to show on the phone soone

Manually change the date on your phone to either 1 month ahead or 1 year ahead. That should force it to download the OTA. Just make sure you uncheck Automatic to change the date, then recheck it after you done.

derekj

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site

Manually change the date on your phone to either 1 month ahead or 1 year ahead. That should force it to download the OTA. Just make sure you uncheck Automatic to change the date, then recheck it after you done.

that only works for some people. Didn't work for me, hasn't worked for others. I suppose it's worth a try, but seriously - how much of your time are you willing to spend to cover Verizon's ass? Aren't they supposed to be doing this? Isn't it their responsibility to get it right? It's not like owning these devices is cheap.

NHBass39

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site

I finally got it, but had to clear the cashe. Pain in the butt. :mad:

johnhboyd

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site

I tried all of the manual steps, and couldn't get it to update. Finally went the Factory Reset, and am glad I did. Low Memory warning has disappeared, and it appears to be running faster/'cleaner'.