Sound Quality with Stereo Bluetooth

thedroidblog

Apr 26, 2010
theandroidblog.com
I have a Sony MEX-BT2800 and pair it with my Incredible. When I'm streaming music via Stereo Bluetooth, I hear kind of a crackling, squeaky noice in the background. Its not that noticeable but its there. Doesn't matter if its streaming music or mp3 from my phone. I found someone with the same problem on a WINMO phone and got into some advanced settings to fix it.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Bluetooth A2DP Headphones Problem

My question is, does anyone else have this problem? And is there any kind of advanced settings program that would give me access to bluetooth settings he changed?

I just tried it out on a pair of bluetooth headphones and still got the same sounds so I don't think its an issue with my stereo. Just sounds like its playing at a lower quality than through regular wired headphones.

I also tried changing the bluetooth setting to be only for media and not phone but that had no affect.

pilotbob3

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Having a similar issue with my BT phones setup. I'm broadcasting to a Blackberry stereo gateway I hooked up in my car to an aux input. This is a really neat setup, since all I have to do is walk into my car and the BT connects the media automatically.

My first problem was that the car chargers I use for the phone and the gateway are very noisy themselves, so I bought an audio ground loop isolator and that helped with the background noise immensly. Still, the audio is OK at best, the lows and the highs both seem weak, and the at higher volume you can hear distortion.

Wondering if the OP has a good observation that there are some default bitpool settings that we can't change that would affect the quality of the sound.

xtrmcheeze

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problem with my bluetooth audio in my truck, I've got an aftermarket Kenwood player with the optional bluetooth unit, phone audio sounds great, but audio has a lot of static at lower - mid volumes. It does seem to go away at higher volumes though. I wish I had more bluetooth accessories to test this out on. Please update this thread if you find anything, I'm going to try turning off location/wifi and see if that helps.

xtrmcheeze

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Just an updated to this, I tried turning off wifi and location and the bluetooth audio quality cleared up quite a bit! I also noticed that if my windows were up or closed most of the way the signal also got better.... seems to be an issue with bluetooth signal quality.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze