1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone else massive BUGS after FULL Gingerbread update?

Ok, so after having to jump through hoops and do magic tricks to get the 2nd GB patch updated onto my phone, it now restarts seriously, like every 5 minutes of using it. Usually when I exit an app like Maps, or Music. Also, Music often stops and exits after just one song, despite having it set to shuffle. This phone which I LOVED so much when I 1st got it, is soooo annoying to me now, and it's sad. Have others been having similar problems?

ROM
    stock

Default Re: Anyone else massive BUGS after FULL Gingerbread update?

Quote Originally Posted by Hud3500 View Post
    Ok, so after having to jump through hoops and do magic tricks to get the 2nd GB patch updated onto my phone, it now restarts seriously, like every 5 minutes of using it. Usually when I exit an app like Maps, or Music. Also, Music often stops and exits after just one song, despite having it set to shuffle. This phone which I LOVED so much when I 1st got it, is soooo annoying to me now, and it's sad. Have others been having similar problems?
    Sounds like you need a factory reset at this point..
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

A fellow DINC owner said to me the other day, "It's like "they" are intentionally trying to obsolete the phone."
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I totally agree...I feel like they are intentionally trying to force me to buy a new phone...I mean, I plan on getting the Nexus anyway, but I swear, as soon as those RAZR and Nexus announcements happened, my phone has been a mess...as for the factory reset, I wouldn't be opposed to it, if I didn't just have to do one about 3 weeks ago! And that was my SECOND factory reset in under a year!

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (for now)

Surprisingly enough, I haven't had to do a factory reset since owning my phone. I have the 4.06 update but not the 4.08 yet. And so far no major issues. I still might do one for the hell if it to see if it will make some things run faster...

Can't say the same about my girlfriend's Incredible 2, who can't install anything (gives "unknown error") and can't send or receive picture messages. So looks like a factory reset for that phone...
    Droid Incredible since June 2010