Can't Send Me Replacement First Without Old Phone

anthonym83

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm the guy from this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/dro...its-not-one-thing-its-another-incredible.html

So, Verizon rep is telling me that since phone is on back order 2 - 3 weeks, they need to do a "part for part" replacement. I would need to send my current phone in FIRST for their "No Worries Guarantee".

She recommended going to the store I bought it at, have them send it in, and reactivate my old phone or see if they might give me a loaner. I bought it at an Authorized Retailer (a Verizon store, but not a true store with the tech support station, etc)

This is endless stream of problems is killing me.

Anyway around this you think?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
where is the verizon rep that is telling you that? i'd try calling *611 or the 800 number (i forget what it is right now) and asking for a replacement, getting a CTN replacement has never been an issue for me but once the store i got my phone at gets some new stock in i'll go and get a brand new replacement for mine, as the CTN phone i got had bigger issues than my original phone.

the manager at my store even offered to send another one before i sent the first replacement back, but my phone works okay for now so i decided to wait it out.

drjrdemelo

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard of this before...is there another store near you? I'd try them. I walked in with a screen issue (it was broken actually) and they sent me a new one right away, and after I got that one had to send back the broken one...so definitely strange that they told you that...

Sebastianraven

May 1, 2010
www.twitter.com
No, I've heard of this before. This is the problem with 3rd party retailers / kiosks, etc. Verizon uses them to get more customers, but doesn't trust them enough when it comes phone issues. You're S.O.L. if you didn't buy direct.

drjrdemelo

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
It was the phone rep at 611 who told me this.
I'll try at the Verizon Retailer store where I bought my phone.

That's a good idea, the store guys usually have a different take on things, and since you're within the 30 days period it shouldn't really be an issue...try a store and let us know how it turns out!

Super_Mario

Banned
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm the guy from this thread: http://forum.androidcentral.com/dro...its-not-one-thing-its-another-incredible.html

So, Verizon rep is telling me that since phone is on back order 2 - 3 weeks, they need to do a "part for part" replacement. I would need to send my current phone in FIRST for their "No Worries Guarantee".

She recommended going to the store I bought it at, have them send it in, and reactivate my old phone or see if they might give me a loaner. I bought it at an Authorized Retailer (a Verizon store, but not a true store with the tech support station, etc)

This is endless stream of problems is killing me.

Anyway around this you think?

If you bought it from a 3rd party retailer, you would need to go there to return it.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I recommend you return it to get out of your contract reactivate the old one and go month to month. They may sing a different tune if you threaten to do that but if not then just return it.

They will probably give you some nonsense about you still being in a contract just stand your ground and insist that you are no longer in a contract you may have to talk to a supervisor.

Buy another one when they get more and maybe a new hardware revision. Or defect to Sprint for the Evo its too big for me but you might like it.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Like in the other thread, I'll say it here too lol......This is why I buy all my phones direct from Verizons website or over the phone to them. If something like this happens they will cross ship a phone, or charge you for your new phone and refund the money when they get your old one back so you don't have to wait.

anthonym83

May 12, 2010
Visit site
why'd you create a whole new thread? hehe
Sorry, figure there's such high posting volume many people might only open threads that specifically interest them or that they know about. Didn't want it to get lost in the other thread just bitching about the Incredible :D

Toxa

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I preordered mine the day it was available for preorder. My phone started erasing my contacts by itself so I called 611 to get it replaced. They told me the same thing, send urs in, and we'll send u a new one once they get the defective one. I've been with Verizon since the first storm came out, and I had to replace it several times within the first month, as well as the storm 2. When I told Verizon rep this, he said they've change some rules. So I had three options: 1) send my phone in, and wait for them to get it and send me the replacement; 2) pay the full price and get a refund once they get my defective phone; 3) charge the price of the phone to my bill and get a credit once they get my defective device (they wanted to charge me the full price, but after speaking with a supervisor, they gave it to me for $299. I went with the last option, still waiting for that replacement. They said I should get it ybefore the 29th. Hope this helps

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
If you're still within your first 30 days you should get a new device. After that within your first year you'll get a certified like new refurbished device.

ptb127

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
No, I've heard of this before. This is the problem with 3rd party retailers / kiosks, etc. Verizon uses them to get more customers, but doesn't trust them enough when it comes phone issues. You're S.O.L. if you didn't buy direct.

I had the same issue with a phone and subsquent sending it back.. Rep even told me, when pressured, that I should port back to AT&T. So I did loll.. I don't want to wait 2-3 weeks for another Incredible but I do want to go back to Verizon because I have 3G in my area but at&t I don't..

I bought it direct from VerizonWireless.com

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital