blue tooth car kit that suports voice dialing for droid

jiame

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I was in Best Buy and they had the device they just got on called blue ant s4, It talked about voice commands and mentioned phone suported. It has phonebook acess. I want to know if this gets the job done for voice commands for droid , incredible and eries. If not then what would be needed becuase my ford sync system works fine with droid eries and droid incredib.

Features - S4 True Handsfree Voice Controlled Car Speakerphone - BlueAnt Wireless

let me know if this works to get voice control over the droid.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
It was my understanding that Android 2.1 doesn't support bluetooth dialing? Not to sure since I have never used it lol.

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have a Incredible, which doesnt support bt voice dialing, but with my blueant I am able to. It has its own voice dialing independant of the phone. I have the V1, but Im assuming its the same, as I know the Q1 also works this way. So you should be good to go with voice dialing.

jiame

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did tell my friend to go to best buy and try it out. If the voice command is independent of the phone then it should work. i believe that is how the ford sync system works on my ford focus. I will put another post and let everyone know if it works or if it doesn't work.

nneptune

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a Incredible, which doesnt support bt voice dialing, but with my blueant I am able to. It has its own voice dialing independant of the phone. I have the V1, but Im assuming its the same, as I know the Q1 also works this way. So you should be good to go with voice dialing.

Really?
Good. I have a Blueant bluetooth device, and that would solve that problem.

Then again, by the time my phone is delivered, who knows what OS will be on it!!! ;)

robm15

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
So will Incredible work with my Ford Sync for voice dialing?

Yes, I have a 2010 Ford Fusion with Sync, and I just setup my Dinc last night. The process took all of 30 seconds, and works great for dialing via voice commands, and manually via the phone book, and it downloads the phone book and calling history with no problem. Text messaging doesn't work, but that was expected. Music streams fine via blue-tooth too. The only issue I have found is staying connected the next time I started the car. I had to tell it to connect both times I have started the car since yesterday. I do not understand why, but I haven't given up trying to figure it out yet.

rosariorose9

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I did tell my friend to go to best buy and try it out. If the voice command is independent of the phone then it should work. i believe that is how the ford sync system works on my ford focus. I will put another post and let everyone know if it works or if it doesn't work.

So any followup on this? I'd spring for the S4 if it would work with my DI.

strauss884

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Doesn't Work

I was just in Best Buy and the rep let me try it out and it didn't work with my Incredible. Otherwise it is an awesome device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670