Battery Up Time/Awake Time. SmS bug?

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. I recently noticed my battery up time and awake time are the same :( So now it is time to figure out what is keeping it awake. I haven't hear anyone mention it, but I figured I'd ask. Anyone remember the old battery bug where the stock SMS app was preventing the phone from sleeping, causing your awake time to equal your up time? Just curious as to if its been found on anyones Incredible? Like I said, I haven't heard of any Incredibles being effected, but I wanted to check.

I am going to also post what is running on my phone at boot so hopefully the culprit can be identified. Maybe someone has run into the same problem or sees something that looks out of place. OK so when I boot my Incredible up, here is the list of running services. Before opening anything besides for the running services:

CALENDAR--com.htc.bgp (ObexService)

TOUCH INPUT--com.htc.android.htcime (Touch Input)

GOOGLE--com.google.process.gapps (GTalkService)

SYNC SERVICE--com.fusionone..android.sync.service (Sync Service)

MESSAGES--com.android.mms (TransactionService)

HTC MESSAGE UPLOADER--com.htc.htcMessageUploader (UploadMessageService)

PURE CALENDAR WIDGET--org.coxx.pure_calendar UpdateService

NEWS ROB--com.newsrob (UndreadMessageProvider)

NEXUS MOD LIVE WALLPAPER--org.ctso.lwp.nexusmod (Nexus Mod)

WHERE--com.ulocate (AppWidgetService)

GMAIL UNREAD COUNT--se.alexanderblom.gmailunreadcount (MoniterUnreadService)

MABILO WALLPAPERS--mabilo.wallpapers (RotateWallpaperService)

SKYPE MOBILE--com.skype.android.verizon (Skype Mobile)

*NOTE* I usually boot another Scene, and all of these are present except for Nexus Mod Live Wallpaper. If I stop Mabilo, it always comes back. I don't even have a wallpaper from Mabilo set. I also stop Skype, and that stays stopped.

Some other things to note: I have my Wifi set to never sleep, tho I tried to set that to 15 minutes and it didn't help. Up time still = awake time. I have my sync services set to update at 1hr or longer. I use Weatherbug and have "enable my location: on, "Follow me":eek:ff, update at 1hr. If I'm at home, wifi is on, always on mobile network is off. When I leave it"s the opposite.

I'm gonna start playing with setting and apps to try to figure this out. If anyone has anything to add, please do! If not, hopefully this can help someone in the future. Hopefully I'm just missing something glaringly obvious :p

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Some purple have reported that the calendar app was doing this...
Thanks, I will look into this. I was stopping Skype, however I downloaded System Panel to get a more in depth look, and noticed Skype was still running after I supposedly stopped it. I uninstalled with high hopes, but no luck.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
The Calendar app is probably the culprit. Best option is to download TaskPanel, enable its Auto-kill functionality and set the Calendar app to the auto-kill list.

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I was just doing that. Sure was the calendar. So,I use Pure Calendar widget, which of course uses the hTc calendar. So to keep this from eating up battery, will I just have to kill it after a reboot or after I use the calendar? Or does it autostart at times?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34