Evo gets Root before launch, Incredible Next Soon?

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Well maybe good news for us will follow shortly after then, I would imagine the same technique could be used on our phones. We shall see I guess, still kind of crappy they got it before us and the phone isn't out to the public yet! lol.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
apologies as i'm still new to the android community, but can someone in the know explain how a phone that hasn't been released yet gets rooted before one that's been out for 3 weeks now, despite the fact that the two phones share the same hardware and sense ui software? makes no sense to me

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
apologies as i'm still new to the android community, but can someone in the know explain how a phone that hasn't been released yet gets rooted before one that's been out for 3 weeks now, despite the fact that the two phones share the same hardware and sense ui software? makes no sense to me

This is what I'm wondering wtf?

Root access is like having admin privileges in Windows. You can do thing the basic user accounts can't, like change system settings. Update things, tweak stuff etc.

dhardison

May 12, 2010
Visit site

Probably because a lot of smart people got a free EVO at the Google I/O conference :)

And it helps that some of those people immediately put them up for sale on eBay to the highest bidder. So, these phones are indeed "in the wild".

Sere81

May 2, 2010
Visit site
will rooting void the warranty?

Would it be reversible where if I had to return the phone for any reason verizon wouldn't be able to tell it had been rooted?

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
please do a search about root, there's a plethora of information not only on this board, but a google search as well.

the questions have been asked ad nauseam.