Syncing to PC Keeps Failing

dvcod

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I was able to sync my Incredible on 5/15 and have not been able to sync it since. It begins the syncing process and then stops and says Syncronization failure and in red Errors: 1 contacts

I am sorry to bother you all about this but I am completely new to all this. I have been reading the forum for over two months now and am amazed at how much you floks know. Please forgive me if this is on the wrong board or is to basic....I just can't seem to get it to work.

What prompted me to sync again was that I added a video file to my sd card and tried to play it and it could not be found and my layman's guess is that it is because it has not been synced. Wow....sooo much to learn...but what an absolutely amazing phone !!!!!!

Thanks in advance and again forgive me if this is such a dumb question.

socal sxt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I shut down my computer and then restart it, once its back up then I sync. I know its a hassel but it is the only thing that works for me and I need to sync once a day.

dvcod

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your responses....I will try turning off the pc....and see if that lets me sync. I was kind of afraid the video might be something else also...thanks so much for the information and beind so nice....Jim

dvcod

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Tried turning off pc...and then trying to sync...and still no luck....and even did battery pull....and no luck....so if anyone has any further suggestions....I will try them....thanks...Jim

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
try syncing one way from phone to computer (if you aren't) sounds like a corrupt database if it keeps freezing on the same contact.

dvcod

May 24, 2010
Visit site
gbhil....thanks for the input....but I am so dumb on all this...what do you mean syncing one way? If it is a corrupt database....might you suggest what I do? sorry that I am so slow.....Jim

dvcod

May 24, 2010
Visit site
gbhil.....Thanks so much....not sure what I did...but when I went from pc to phone...it synced!! I unpluged it...reconnected and did it as usual and it synced fine. Wow...you guys are sooooo good....thanks again....Jim

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
gbhil.....Thanks so much....not sure what I did...but when I went from pc to phone...it synced!! I unpluged it...reconnected and did it as usual and it synced fine. Wow...you guys are sooooo good....thanks again....Jim

Great news! Sounds like one contact was screwing things up a little bit and you got it erased/redone.

Coming from a Blackberry I've run in to bad contact databases once or twice ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37