Do people still use this phone?

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Hey,

Do people still use this phone? When can you upgrade? I can upgrade Feb 2012 if I choose too.

This new gingerbread update really made things snappy. (Not that it was really slow in my opinion.) I couldn't get it to install and kept getting the not enough space error. So I did a factory reset and finally got it to install.

Still happy with my phone. If I do get a new phone soon it's definitely going to be a one with a dual core processor or maybe even a Nvidia quad core.

Bigk :)

Artisanthe

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
As good as the Dinc still is, I really see no need to Upgrade whatsoever until until the mature NextGen Quad Core ICS phones arrive next spring. The Dinc was/is a game changer. I expect a whole new game again around March-April.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I "upgraded" to an LG Revolution in May, a huge mistake. That piece of crap gave me a new appreciation for my previous phone. Longing for a better phone, I just reactivated my Dinc 2 days ago because it is so superior to the Revo, 4G or not!

The Gingerbread update made the old Dinc feel brand new with better battery life to boot! I will be using it for the foreseeable future while the Revo holds down a stack of papers on my desk!

plemelin

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I agree with everyone who posted. I see no reason to upgrade my phone until another game changer comes out and is proven. I have friends with newer devices that are supposed to be better and faster but when we play with each others phones they always ask what I have done to my phone to make it so quick and why do I get such good battery life.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I like my dinc. I don't see another phone on the market that's worth me getting. But I also don't use my phone for movies and graphic heavy games. I just need it for Internet and emails.

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
It's funny. I still can't get this GB update to download, and it's been pushed to my phone at least 10 times. Frustrating. But as far as the phone, my upgrade doesn't kick in until January. And although there are a lot of great phones out, my DInc is still the heavyweight champoin of the world!

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
It's funny. I still can't get this GB update to download, and it's been pushed to my phone at least 10 times. Frustrating. But as far as the phone, my upgrade doesn't kick in until January. And although there are a lot of great phones out, my DInc is still the heavyweight champoin of the world!

If you are rooted, screw the update and apply a rooted version. If you apply the update you will lose the ability to Root...possibly forever.

I agree with everyone above. This phone is STILL incredible. The ONLY thing it lacks is a front camera but who really cares. I use my macbook for video chat anyway if I need to. It's not something that is used often anyway. I've had more fun with it since convincing a coworker NOT to take the update and rooting her phone for her. She is now getting into the Rom swap and I have someone to "geek" around with. :)

Seriously, this phone is the shiznit, and I will NEVER upgrade until it dies or a phone comes along that can surpass it, but in the world of locked boot loaders, I don't see it happening anytime soon. And my cheap a$$ doesn't feel the need to shell out $200 to $300 for no reason other than to lock myself into a longer contract.

speedtrap63

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
If you are rooted, screw the update and apply a rooted version. If you apply the update you will lose the ability to Root...possibly forever.

I agree with everyone above. This phone is STILL incredible. The ONLY thing it lacks is a front camera but who really cares. I use my macbook for video chat anyway if I need to. It's not something that is used often anyway. I've had more fun with it since convincing a coworker NOT to take the update and rooting her phone for her. She is now getting into the Rom swap and I have someone to "geek" around with. :)

Seriously, this phone is the shiznit, and I will NEVER upgrade until it dies or a phone comes along that can surpass it, but in the world of locked boot loaders, I don't see it happening anytime soon. And my cheap a$$ doesn't feel the need to shell out $200 to $300 for no reason other than to lock myself into a longer contract.

I agree with everything here aside from not doing the update. I was rooted with 2.2, but when I finally threw the official 2.3 rom on the Dinc my battery life got so much better I was astonished! The Dinc with 2.3 has damn near Blackberry battery life! I unplug my device around 7AM most days and last night for example I still had 35% left at 11PM! That was a normal day with lots of email, a few long calls and browsing, Twitter and Facebook. I would consider myself a moderate to heavy user on most days.

That being said, being rooted and playing with roms is cool and fun. I will probably miss that at some point but right now, not so much!:D

anon26174

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I think the Galaxy Nexus is about the only vaguely appealing phone I'd consider as a worthy update to the Incredible, and that's with almost two years of owning an Incredible. Not bad, when you consider how many Android phones are released each month.

I'm not even sure the new Nexus is that appealing anyway (it's kinda large), and now I got the fix for the low storage space bug worked out, the Inc. is still serving me perfectly well.

Brian_d

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I still love my phone! In fact, the other day the beter half asked what phone I was going to get next. I told her "I don't know - my next phone hasn't been invented yet..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge