Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just tried the speaker phone while driving.

I have the windshield mount purchased through Verizon. I normally use the bluetooth while driving. After several complaints (since purchasing the bluetooth two years ago) I decided to try the speaker phone. People barely tell the difference between phone and speaker phone. However, I barely hear them while using the speaker phone. Music sounds good, but not speaker phone. Is it me or have others noticed this?
    Pronounced "woon."

My speaker sounds fine but I'm not using the dock.
    DROID Incredible , iPhone3G , iPad643G
    Master of the Universe

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock...for now...

I believe the speaker is in the back, so a dock may be blocking the speaker..
    Razr>Voyager>Storm 1>Storm 2>INCREDIBLE....DROID --> NEXUS!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    20 Global Posts

My Car has a aux jack in the front. So I start my music, then Navigation, all sound comes through car speakers. The speaker phone works great this way also, it's pretty cool to hear your caller on the car speakers. When call is over goes back to music.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I wonder of one of the wireless fm transmitters would work? Hhmmmmmm.
    Pronounced "woon."

An FM transmitter should work just fine. My car has both a cd player and tape deck so I'm currently using a tape-adapter for my phone. Same principle, although sound from the FM transmitter may not come in as clear.

There is a dramatic difference between song sound and speaker sound on a call. It actually starting to really pods me off
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Ok, I just used the FM transmitter. WOW, it had an incredi...um...really good sound through my radio. I used Pandora, Navigate, and made a phone call. Pandora paused, navigate continued to voice directions during the phone call. NOW I see why multitasking is important. I REALLY like this phone. When the call ended, Pandora started where it left off.
    Pronounced "woon."