Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Problem with bluetooth and music

I have tried several different players on my DInc, rooted running CM7.... but with each of them when I get into my truck and turn on my Jabra Cruiser, the music app starts and music starts coming out of my Bluetooth device. It is very annoying and did not happen prior to flashing CM7. Any ideas as to why the music apps keep starting, or a tip to a setting I can change to stop this?

Thanks!

ROM
    stock

Default Re: Problem with bluetooth and music

Quote Originally Posted by zrxoa1 View Post
    I have tried several different players on my DInc, rooted running CM7.... but with each of them when I get into my truck and turn on my Jabra Cruiser, the music app starts and music starts coming out of my Bluetooth device. It is very annoying and did not happen prior to flashing CM7. Any ideas as to why the music apps keep starting, or a tip to a setting I can change to stop this?

Thanks!
    I'm not quite sure what you're saying...

Do you mean music automatically starts playing once the speaker and the phone connect? If you don't want music playing through Bluetooth at all, you can go into the Bluetooth settings for your speaker and turn off Media audio so you're left with just phone calls.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, that is what is happening. As soon as my DInc and bt device connect, music starts playing. I know I can turn off music in bt settings, but this problem never occurred until I flashed cm7.
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

What app are you using? I know for example in doggcatcher (a podcast app) I can have it automatically play my podcasts as soon as a bluetooth head set is connected.

Look in the settings of your music app and see if there's a setting to turn off the auto play when a head set either bluetooth or wired is connected.
    Feel free to private message me at any time! I enjoy getting private messages.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 2.3.4 - 4.08 build

If you look on the AOSP forums, this is a known issue with no solution yet. Mine does the same. Annoying, yes.. dealbreaker, not by a long shot.

Wow, I kinda wish that was a setting that you could turn on that made music start when paired with the car bluetooth!

Happens to me also when I stream radio from app (radioio), through Bluetooth connection in the vehicle. Actually had TWO music apps playing two DIFFERENT songs that are saved on my device (Vcast Music, and the default Droid Music app). App does not have any choices to setup turn off at connection. Note: Winamp does not behave in this awful way.
    Note2: Does NOT behave this way using the old fashioned plug in wire.
    Seems that based on Keldog7's response, I'm seeing the chronic problem that is unsolved.