HTC Dice and Coin Widgets?

JimmyMac

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if it has been mentioned or not. But I updated my HTC widgets and noticed that they added a Dice Widget and a Coin Widget. Just simple widgets that let you roll two die or do a coin flip if you cannot make up your mind. :p

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Really? My phone is charging my new Seidio battery so I can't turn my phone on for about 6 more hours lol. But I didn't notice new widgets. Pretty neat, going to have to check that out tomorrow when I start another day playing with my phone.

JimmyMac

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I've been using the Seidio battery for awhile now. So far so good. I don't play with the phone as much anymore, but my battery will last 16+ hours till it changes to orange with 3 bars. Plenty of time for me. I only need it to last 8 hours (work time). So I'm pretty pleased with it.

As for the HTC Widgets, for those that do not know;

1. Go to Widget menu
2. Select "Get more HTC widgets"
3. Press "Menu"
4. Select "Update"

This will look for new widgets by HTC. I usually check every other day to see if they have any new toys.

itch808

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the news, too bad I'd never really use either widget. But I'll keep an eye on updates from HTC. I've only updated once and so far the only widgets I've used from them were the tip calculator and notepad/sticky note.

UHF3

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
You just have to love the instructions on how to use the dice or coin widgets.

Dice:

• Misplaced the dice for your boardgame? Use this dice widget as a substitute. Tap the dice first, and then simply shake (do not throw!) your phone to "throw" the dice.
Pretty much the same thing for the coin widget.

Kind of a sad testament that someone has to tell people to not throw their phone.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Dice:

• Misplaced the dice for your boardgame? Use this dice widget as a substitute. Tap the dice first, and then simply shake (do not throw!) your phone to "throw" the dice.

Kind of a sad testament that someone has to tell people to not throw their phone.

people STILL throw their wii-motes.

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Interesting, I guess useful in certain situations. I noticed though that the sound still plays even when you have the phone on vibrate.

CRKhead

May 2, 2010
Visit site

Dice:

A statement like this being necessary is a direct result of that "Braintrust" of a woman who claimed she was unaware the HOT coffee she was ordering was going to be HOT because nothing on the cup notified her that her HOT coffee would be HOT... We're all doomed... :confused:

Oh, and these apps are right up my alley... I swear I'm gonna use the coin flip for everything until my wife is ready to punch me... LOL... Her: "What do you want for dinner?" Me: "Hmmm... Heads Italian, Tails Chinese..." Her: "Heads I punch you, Tails I punch you harder..." Me: "Greek it is..."

Last edited: