Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Navigation icon missing

Hey guys. I dunno if I'm just missing something or what, but I can't find the blue triangle navigation icon anywhere on my phone. Not in the app drawer and I can't add it to any of the screens with a longpress or using the add button.

I'm talking about the icon in the screen shot all the way to the right here:

Quote Originally Posted by jccorbi View Post

Is there some special way to add it?

jccorbi, hope you don't mind me borrowing that image from you. Only one I could find of this.

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

Mines in the program list
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's in the list on my girlfriend's phone too. I don't think it has ever been on mine. Could I have removed it some how and not realized?

It's been on mine since I got it. Have you checked the Market?

have you updated your MAPS app? i got the blue triangle after i updated the google maps app. that maybe your problem...
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    NOOK Color rooted & Acer Iconia A100 for my tabs YEAH!! Retired: HTC Rezound & Incredible

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

Oh yeah good call - that was the first thing I did when I got my Incredible last month so I never noticed if I didn't have the Nav icon before that

go to the Market and see if there's a google maps update
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review

Global Posts
    1,294 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

After you update Google Maps you have to reboot the phone in order for the icon to appear in your programs list.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker35 View Post
    have you updated your MAPS app? i got the blue triangle after i updated the google maps app. that maybe your problem...
    Same here, updated maps and it showed up.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Thanks for all the input. Update of maps added the icon. I'd been hesitant to update cause i read that the latest one was giving inaccurate my location readings. Mine seems pretty spot in though.
    Thanks again
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Double post
    Last edited by Peanutbutter_N_Jelly; 05-25-2010 at 11:17 AM.

The re-boot worked for me. Spent the whole day wondering where the heck the icon went.

Mine was missing too until I did the update and reboot. The wife's Eris had it show from the get go.

Global Posts
    6,694 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I just did the update too ,did not see the navigation icon til I rebooted though .All good now
    SWD

Default Re: Navigation icon missing

On my boyfriend's LG Optimus G, navigator deleted itself and we tried updating maps, rebooting, everything. It is gone! For good. Help!

I did reboot it I still didnt see the icon on my phone

It seems the latest update to Google Maps (7.0) changed everything, including getting rid of the Navigation icon. You can see plenty of people already complaining about the update on the Google Play store:

To restore the version, just go to System Settings > Apps > Maps
    Then simply click Uninstall Updates.

Same here. It's still missing following reboot ( no updata available for Maps). The other thing is, maps now behaives really weird. The option at the bottom to link to Navigation is missing.

uninstalling the update works for me. Thanks!

Update -- Saw a notification that maps was updated automatically and the navigation icon is gone again!
    How annoying! Played around and found out there is another step to keep the fix permanent!
    Updated my blog post with the fix...
    The link for the updated fix!!!

This happened yesterday to me. There are so many people saying different ways to fix this. After trying several and after digging around this one fixed it!
    I put the simple fix I used out on my blog. Hope this saves you some time. This was on my HTC one running stock Jelly Bean and I did not need to reboot --
    Last edited by UncleScotty; 07-20-2013 at 09:46 AM.
    Thanked by 5:
    TNeer and Ana Varela like this.

Thanks UncleScotty - the fix shown on your blog worked for me too.

TimLeeMNR

Thanks Uncle Scotty, worked great

I uninstalled the update to Google Maps and my blue icon came back; however, I lost my addresses.

Thank you! That worked. I freaked when I couldn't find it this a.m. - how would I know where the slowdowns are without out?

I was wondering the same thing, did the reboot n nothing... I did find out however that google maps nav has been incorporated in google maps so u dont really need to delete updates to get the icon back. I kinda like it better this way, GM & GMNav. in 1.

Last edited by AlanSides; 07-18-2013 at 03:32 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast