Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone randomly deleting contacts?

So two people from my contacts list have been randomly deleted on two separate occasions. One was a coworker, and the other was my fiancee - I KNOW I didn't delete them by accident, I have just woken up to find them not in my contact list in the "People" app. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!

I've had the same issue. I've had to re-add them and it'll find their info somehow, but the fact that they went missing from my contacts list to begin with is absurd.

I'm seriously hating the way the contacts list on this phone works, like no other.

Global Posts
    795 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock!

I have had contacts disappear...sort of, but not really. In my case, the name the user was sorted by changed because it was linked with a Facebook account(or similar) and instead of showing multiple entries, only one was displayed.

Steve in CT

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

I was having weird things happen, too. I realized doing HTC Sync (from Outlook) and ALSO doing Verizon's Backup Assistant was messing things up. Had to wipe my phone in order to get Backup Assistant to stop. My problems went away.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah, I hate Backup Assistant. Is there any way to disable it without wiping the phone?
    Slink
    Follow me on Twitter!

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by slinky317 View Post
    Yeah, I hate Backup Assistant. Is there any way to disable it without wiping the phone?
    I researched it at the time. Answer is no.

I use Outlook, so backups weren't as big of a concern for me. however, there is a built-in backup in the People app. Back up the contacts to your SD cardm, and you'll be good to go!