Keyboard symbols/punctuation

spoonings

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Is there a quicker way to use symbols/punctuation than switching back and forth between the numbers keyboard? For instance, right now when I want to put in an apostrophe or the @ symbol or type a number I have to go to the bottom corner and click to switch to the numbers keyboard, select what I want, then switch back to the letters keyboard. I notice on the letters keyboard there are small grey versions of the numbers/symbols above the letters, but I don't see any function/alternate key to use those characters instead of the letters. I hope it's clear what I'm asking. Any help is appreciated! I don't really want to install any 3rd party keyboards btw.

bigdds

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hold down the letter which has the symbol you want to use for a second or two and it will switch to that character. I think that's what your asking anyway.

Argent

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
yeah do a long press on the key with the other character on it you want

(ie long press the S key to get the @ symbol)

aplittle

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Nice!

That is going to make typing some of my passwords a whole lot faster and easier. I have always hated having to switch to the numbers keyboard to type a password that has numbers. I am glad I read this thread. :D

Aaron

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21