1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Backorder a blessing?

I have not ordered an incredible yet, even tho I have been dying for this phone since early news of it... But the further back shipping dates get pushed, the more I think waiting for Moto Shadow might be a better idea in the long run. Anyone doing the same?

I was ready to grab the Incredible. After having to wait so long, and if the Moto Shadow comes out not too soon afterwards, I may just wait to see what the Shadow has to offer.

Hell.... At this rate...

I may actually get my INCREDIBLE in time to test it and return it within 30 days to GET the Shadow!

LOL!

Lego
    HTC ONE (M8)!

ChromeCast
    Nexus 7 (2012)

BB 6510>7510>8830>8330 Curve>9530 Storm> HTC Droid Incredible > HTC REZOUND!> HTC One (M8)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legobricke View Post
    Hell.... At this rate...

I may actually get my INCREDIBLE in time to test it and return it within 30 days to GET the Shadow!

LOL!

Lego
    At least yours is ordered already, for others the ship by date on the site is now 6/16... Maybe I just don't get it.. but you would think being backordered they would have some kinda sense of urgency to get more made.. but since the date keeps moving back seems they are really dropping the ball here...
    A delicious bass...

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanROM 4.2, JellyBean

It's Samsung's fault!!

You gotta know about the components to get that joke..

No components, no phones.

I have a week left until my 30 days are up and Im highly considering taking mine back to get either a replacement or just get my money back and wait for another phone. While I am somewhat pleased by my Incredible, Im also dissapointed at the same time for a 570 dollar device. With the Shadow around the corner, having a larger screen, similar if not better specs, then why not right?

Guys, remember that the iteration of Android phones is breakneck right now. No matter what carrier you are on, within 6 months MAX there will be something new and better out. This isn't the iPhone where you have a year between new hardware.

At some point, you have to decide the phone is worth the money and take the plunge. I got the Inc pre-ordered and delivered to my house on launch day. If Moto comes out with some new phone, whatever. I've been using my Inc for the past month. The shadow will likely not come out until ~ a month after its announcement like the Inc did, so keep in mind we haven't even had it announced yet if you are in the market for a phone now.
    Droid Incredible (4/29/10) -> TBolt (4/9/11) -> GNex (4/1/2012) > Droid Maxx (9/13/13)

Quote Originally Posted by kyleg View Post
    Guys, remember that the iteration of Android phones is breakneck right now. No matter what carrier you are on, within 6 months MAX there will be something new and better out. This isn't the iPhone where you have a year between new hardware.

At some point, you have to decide the phone is worth the money and take the plunge. I got the Inc pre-ordered and delivered to my house on launch day. If Moto comes out with some new phone, whatever. I've been using my Inc for the past month. The shadow will likely not come out until ~ a month after its announcement like the Inc did, so keep in mind we haven't even had it announced yet if you are in the market for a phone now.
    That's an excellent point.

Part of the reason I got the incredible was for the Sense UI. Since I'm not a fan of motoblur, I'll stick with the incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by flipoff View Post
    Part of the reason I got the incredible was for the Sense UI. Since I'm not a fan of motoblur, I'll stick with the incredible.
    Same here, I come from a long line of HTC devices and have been using and loving their interfaces since TouchFLO was the brand new hotness.