"Cell Standby" Battery Use

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey all. Heard a lot of talk about the radio signal being broken and killing battery. I'm assuming this would be the "Cell Standby" under battery usage. Was wondering how much battery that should actually be using? Right now, its using 25% of my battery. I know that really means nothing without somethig to compare it to, but was wondering if that should really be showing up when I am in a great signal area. It seems to be searching for a signal when it already has one. If I understand correctly, this is just the actual 2g(?) signal to make call, not 3g or data. Like I said, I am in a great signal area, but I'm still seeing this show up using what appears to be a high amount of battery.

I believe there is talk about bad cell radios in some Incredibles, causing them to search for signal when the signal is already strong. Is this the case? Can anyone give me some insight into this? Thanks.

RogerThat99

May 11, 2010
Visit site
That percentage is the current percentage of total battery use and will change as you use the phone & battery. Meaning if you power the phone on and don't use it, cell stand by should be a high percentage. If you have been making calls and using other functions of the phone (ie Internet, Email, Apps, etc...), it should be a lower percentage of the overall battery usage. You definitely could have a defective phone also..

Execute

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yea i get the percentage thing, I just didnt wanna go into detail. It seems a bit high even after I take my overall use of the phone into account. It always seems to be close to the top of the list. However, i wasnt really keeping track of that specifically, but now I am. Hopefully it will level out accordingly.

I also heard there were some faulty radios. Didnt see htc acknowledge it tho. Hope they do if there really is defective equipment out there.

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
the more you use the phone the less that number is because the phone is always in use, therefore no standby

if you just sit the phone down all day and hardly touch it that number will be high.

The number can be 50% and it doesnt matter if the total battery only dropped 15% in 7 hours or whatever. that just means that of the 15% drop 7.5% was from the phone's radio in standby mode. which is typical i would say since it always is staying connected to the VZW network

May 16, 2014
Visit site
hi,i need help with my tablet cell standby is consuming 66% of my battery and my tablet is starting to charge very slow.how can I reset it