Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Visit www.WJDDesigns.com (Mobile Friendly) for All things Berry,Tech Blogs, and my Recent Theme News!
    Thanked by:

Cool find. Not worth it to me right know to have to power cycle but will definatly keep my eye on this one. $4.99, after it's finished is a little high so you better grab it now.
    Last edited by 2WheelCowboy; 05-27-2010 at 06:15 AM.
    DROID Incredible , iPhone3G , iPad643G

Global Posts
    305 Global Posts

+1 on the great find. It's buggy as hell. Caused my INC to COMPLETLY lock up, force closed, all kinds of bad stuff.

However, if this guy really is planning on bumping the price up to $4.99, I'd reccomend that everyone purchase this now for $.99, so that when all the kinks are worked out, we will get the updates without having to worry about the 5 dollar price tag. Just leave it in your app tray until he puts out an update!

purchased! like said i wont need to use much but it the dev gets it working i like the price now at .99 for sure!
    ~Matt
    Nexus 5, One+, Venue Pro 8 & Nook HD+
    www.twitter.com/howarmat

I can wait for a non-buggy version.

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

Sounds like a pretty good marketing ploy

Hey I did it - it sorta sucks and you have to reboot your phone if you want it to be useful again - but I'll make you a special deal! today only for 99 cents you can have this app! Hurry this sale won't last forever! Get in now before I over inflate the price to $4.99!

You've got a) the desire for the function even though its not perfect and b) the fear that if you don't buy now it'll cost you more!

in the meantime he's probably laughing all the way to the bank!

Kudos however to the developer for being the first to do it - I'll wait till there's a free stable version in the market
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review

Global Posts
    2,192 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB

not getting it ill get it if it works with video recording ..
    I'm the ROOT man
    G Talk: Upstreammiami3o5
    Let me help you ROOT your phone

great find... i can see this app shooting up to the most wanted list soon
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    Samsung Galaxy S4... Retired: HTC Rezound & Incredible

I'm with argent...I am glad there is finally an LED flashlight app for the Incredible, but there are at least a dozen free ones in the market now and you know there will be a few for the Incredible for free before too long.

I hope the dev plans on offering a lot of bells + whistles to his app, $5 seems pretty steep for just a flashlight app.

Definite props to the dev though...takes skill to do what they did!!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

the dev actually has been updating it and he will be in the future - nice guy - I even did some graphic work for him and the app is lookin hotter with the updates - I suggested other features like strobe and stuff but you gotta know he is the first and you can't hate on the guy for tryin - more then I did haha
    Visit www.WJDDesigns.com (Mobile Friendly) for All things Berry,Tech Blogs, and my Recent Theme News!

Quote Originally Posted by yourfriendwayned View Post
    the dev actually has been updating it and he will be in the future - nice guy - I even did some graphic work for him and the app is lookin hotter with the updates - I suggested other features like strobe and stuff but you gotta know he is the first and you can't hate on the guy for tryin - more then I did haha
    Not hating. Just MUST work without having to reset your phone. Wish him the best of luck.

Are you guys for real or just bored with money burning holes in your pockets.
    Perfect for those that cannot walk around town after 9 without headlights this should work good on your bike, keep you from getting a ticket, just don't drop it because the ticket would be cheaper.
    This should improve battery life for those that have been complaining.
    Android Nanite?
    I had Android phone when you were wearing diapers.
    Where's the juice again?

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
    I hope the dev plans on offering a lot of bells + whistles to his app, $5 seems pretty steep for just a flashlight app.

Definite props to the dev though...takes skill to do what they did!!
    Might as well cash in before the free versions hit the market.
    Feel free to private message me at any time! I enjoy getting private messages.

Global Posts
    106 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigk View Post
    Might as well cash in before the free versions hit the market.
    This. I've been waiting for this, but I'll keep waiting for a free version. Bound to happen. If this guy gets his running well and it's stable, I'd pay $.99 for it. Definitely not gonna pay 5 bucks for it tho. I don't mind spending a few bucks on apps here and there, but not 5 dollars for a flashlight. Kudos to the dev for getting the ball rolling tho. I am looking forward to having a similar app on my Incredible.

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Besides the bugs I think this is great, a great thing to be able to use in a emergency. I would love to see more options; like possibly the ability to have it be turned on with a shake or something.

Has this app been improved at all? I had a Droid and am really missing this functionality...

If you have rooted your phone you can download lamppu for free that provides a widget that will turn on/off the Dual LET's. Appears to work flawlessly.
    Active Phone: T-MOBILE - Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Rooted/Stock
    Tablet: Nexus 7 16gb Stock Rooted - 4.2.1 - TWRP Recovery
    Active Phone: VZW - HTC ReZound - Rooted/JuopunutBear S-Off - Stock GB 2.01.605.11 ROM

Is it me or could you just use the led light in camera/video mode like I usually do with my storm. Don't get me wrong I think it is a great app just a little pricey for me and I am the one who jumps on buying any of the .99 apps. but in this economy I will use the video button for now just my .02 sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by tatts View Post
    Is it me or could you just use the led light in camera/video mode like I usually do with my storm. Don't get me wrong I think it is a great app just a little pricey for me and I am the one who jumps on buying any of the .99 apps. but in this economy I will use the video button for now just my .02 sorry.
    The DI doesn't use the LED flash/light in video mode, and in photo mode it just flashes when taking a picture in low light conditions.

Video light functionality is supposed to be added with Froyo/2.2, but I don't think that's been confirmed yet.
    Previous phones: BlackBerry Storm 1, Droid Incredible - RIP May 24, 2011
    Current phone: HTC Thunderbolt
    Dropbox - free secure online storage. Sign up here and get a 250MB bonus.

Ok thanks I have not gotten mine yet I was not sure if that was an option I always take candid shots of my children when they are sleeping. So the flash is always on when i am in the dark.

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts

Well NOW there's a real solution!!

Root + lamppu = Incredible flashlight w/o resetting

Global Posts
    2,956 Global Posts
    ROM
    Bugless Beast 4.1.1

Wow $.99 for a flashlight app I can see, but $4.99 I would rather go buy a real pocket flash light. Thank god for the Maglite in the jeep lol.

Just bought it. Force close then your camera and leds don't work anymore. Really sucks, hopefully he will get it working perfectly, especially considering I invested a $1 in it!
    Last edited by Qazme; 06-15-2010 at 11:23 AM.
    The Storm has cleared to an Incredible day! I ate an IceCream Sandwhich. Still needed JellyBeans. ;-)
    NEXUS!!!!!!

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

It works somewhat okay. Read his webpage. There are more detailed instructions. It works fine. However, you can't use it again without resetting =\
    Banned

Default Re: Real led flashlight app (video here)

Wow $6.99 for a flashlight that I can see, and the website is: Http://www.flashlightbox.com

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

Default Re: Real led flashlight app (video here)

Could a Moderator either ban this guy or delete these posts. At first I thought he was accidentally responding to a year and half old post...its getting a little out of hand now though.

Please see the three other posts he's made referencing this.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates