Developer needs help from Incredible owners...

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Background:
We have recently launched a new feature in one of our games that allows for people to receive a free trial of the paid version of our game for liking us on facebook! :cool:

The Problem:
It works great on most phones, but there is something going on with either the browser or the way that the new 2.1 HTC sense on some phones handles the Facebook connection we have programmed... unfortunately I think the Incredible is one of them. :mad:

The Help I need:
I need some Incredible owners to download my app and test the feature before we open this service to other developers for use in their apps as well. Just like with the game, the goal is 100% compatibility with all phones and versions of Android!

I would very much appreciate the help from you incredible Incredible owners! Thank you in advance to all who respond to help out! :)

RBasil

Mar 18, 2010
www.robertbasil.com
I sure hope the UI of your game is better than your website design. The Wordpress template you are using looks like crap. If you want people to install your game I'd suggest working on the presentation of your website. Your website is a reflection of your company, and the current reflection is pretty damn ugly.

RBasil

Mar 18, 2010
www.robertbasil.com
*Update

Nevermind, I just looked at the UI of your game. Now I understand why your website design needs work. You don't create your own UI, you just use basic templates. Granted, UI templates can look nice, but the templates you have chosen for both your game and your website really need help.

After looking at the different versions of your game in the Market, you seem to have the same people all giving the different versions 5 stars. Now you are asking people here to download it and "test" a feature for you.

I might be wrong, but this sure smells like spam to me.

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
*Update

Nevermind, I just looked at the UI of your game. Now I understand why your website design needs work. You don't create your own UI, you just use basic templates. Granted, UI templates can look nice, but the templates you have chosen for both your game and your website really need help.

After looking at the different versions of your game in the Market, you seem to have the same people all giving the different versions 5 stars. Now you are asking people here to download it and "test" a feature for you.

I might be wrong, but this sure smells like spam to me.

@RBasil
Ouch! You are being quite harsh. It takes a lot of time to develop a game like this and the graphics of it are in fact NOT a template at all. Yes, of course the website is a wordpress template, and that will get done in due time. This is about a feature we are trying to develop for free for other developers, not at all about the app or it's website to explain it. If this is how you guys treat all hard working developers...

I was going to handle this whole thing over private messaging and did not even post the instructions yet of what I actually needed, but now instead of getting back to work, I have to defend myself on here.

I need to know:
1. Which browser are you using (and have have you changed any settings?)
2. Were you already logged into facebook on your phone before hitting it?
3. Did you have any other windows open?
4. Did step three load correctly when the page opened?
5. Did the facebook login show up as a mobile page or a full computer page?
6. Did you get through all the steps properly?

I think that facebook is having trouble recognizing some 2.1 browsers properly, and this could be the cause of some of our problems.

Thank you very much for all of your help everyone! We are working very hard to bring great games to the android user community and great products to the android developer community. I very much appreciate any insight you can offer so I can figure out why this feature is acting buggy for us.

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That is a good question regarding why we are not utilizing the facebook android sdk...
it is because we have several other features that we are also including that are controlled from a web app backend which utilizing the SDK from within the app will not give us the flexibility to easily control. In order to roll out the service for other people to use, we must perform the FB Connect through the browser.

RBasil, did it work for you and could you please just help me out by answering my Q's above instead of continually derailing my thread and spamming it with your huge facebook link?

Last edited:

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Please answer these questions for me...

@Everyone else :) can you please post the following for me so I can get this bug fixed:

1. Which browser are you using (and have have you changed any settings?)
2. Were you already logged into facebook on your phone before hitting it?
3. Did you have any other windows open?
4. Did step three load correctly when the page opened? If not, was it totally gone, or did it say you were not verified?
5. Did the facebook login show up as a mobile page or a full computer page?
6. Did you get through all the steps properly?
7. If not, was step three totally missing or did it say you were not verified and still wouldn't even when you clicked it?

Thank you! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
@moosc - Do you mean to say that Step 3 did not show up on the mobile site?

Could you answer my 7 questions above to help me diagnose this, please? :)

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
The developer offered to discuss over PM or another thread, but like he said in which I agree, this isn't where those kinds of things need to be discussed.

This is for those willing to help the developer. Thank you!

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Robert Basil, your comment that you left on PhoneFraze is absolutely a LIE. Just so everyone knows what jerk that guy is, he left a comment saying the following in our game:

"Do not join the Facebook group! You will not get a free upgrade and your inbox will be filled with spam!"

This is sooo incredibly counterproductive to what we are trying to do. WHAT IS YOUR GLITCH?!?! Can somebody out there please add a comment after him in the game explaining that it does work?!?! Robert, you are messing up months of work from a development team of three people... what did we do to you? That is not right and extremely immature.

Last edited:

2WheelCowboy

May 19, 2010
Visit site
He's mad because he can only download games. Not make them. Back on track here. I will help. Going to download tonight but probably wont be able test and give feedback that you need until tomorrow. PM me if you like.

Hybrid4830

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
1. Which browser are you using (and have have you changed any settings?): Stock Browser, no settings changed i believe. Running on WIFI
2. Were you already logged into facebook on your phone before hitting it?: Yes
3. Did you have any other windows open?: not sure what you mean by this, but everything went the way it should, as far as i can tell.
4. Did step three load correctly when the page opened? If not, was it totally gone, or did it say you were not verified?: Loaded correctly, verified successfully
5. Did the facebook login show up as a mobile page or a full computer page?: Mobile
6. Did you get through all the steps properly?: Yes
7. If not, was step three totally missing or did it say you were not verified and still wouldn't even when you clicked it?: as mentioned before, worked flawlessly

syrguy1969

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry, I am really trying to help here, but I can't get an option for a trial version and I don't see any mention of this on the facebook page (I did hit 'like' on it BTW.

I would love to help, but I must be missing something. :eek:

TheMobileWorx

May 8, 2010
Visit site
@Hybrid4830 - Thank you very much for your help. I am glad to hear that it is working well on some of the 2.1 Sense phones! This looks like it is going to be tricky.

@syrguy1969 - The easiest way to hit it is to download the game to your phone by searching for 'PhoneFraze' in the market and then hitting the facebook button when it loads that initial screen.

Thank you very much for the help, guys. We feel that this service will be very valuable to the small developers by allowing them to offer upgraded versions of their apps to their fans for free! We are pretty excited about the idea over and I am sure devs and users alike will appreciate such a thing. It also helps our Android phones become more popular and widespread as well which can only be a good thing. What makes this so cool is that it is not possible to do with Iphones which is why it has probably not been done yet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret