apps that cause the incredible to not be able to sleep

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't use flikr, but I'm on google talk all day

On Gtalk or using Gtalk? I'm on Gtalk all day everyday, it won't affect your battery life. If you using it all day, then maybe but honestly, I can't see it making that big of a difference. Are you using AIM/meebo/etc.?

howarmat

Trusted Member
Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
you can drain a battery pretty quit talking on gtalk for a couple hours....trust me! It means the display is constantly on and the phone doesnt sleep

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok, then that shouldn't affect your battery life at all. I have mine running all day and do about 50 IMs a day.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have had my phone on all day on it only has me at 2 hours up.....does this mean I rebooted 2 hours ago?

Last edited:

2WheelCowboy

May 19, 2010
Visit site
20:12:56 up , 6:53:17 awake . Thats pretty normal use for me and collectively that's about right. i can see the the usage time within the hour of the awake time. I contribute the other hour to background downloads. loading web pages and setting the phone down for a couple of minutes. I'm a pretty heavy talker and text on here with about a collective of 2-3 hours on the web normally. i only worked till noon today so it's actually a little low as far as calls go. More browsing today.