Does anyone feel that call volume is too much..........

skagen

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I didn't notice that to be the case for the first few weeks. Now it seems like even when I have the volume turned down all the way I still have to keep the phone away a couple of inches since its too loud..

Is there a system volume adjustment on this thing?

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
I actually am experiencing the opposite. I sometimes have trouble hearing what the other person is saying, even with my volume all the way up.

rabaker07

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, and I was using phone through my car speakers and sometimes it was too quiet and then all of the sudden it would get too loud and harsh and distort...
But that could be from a lot of factors. Still think my pearl had better phone quality and reception... But this thing owns in every other way. Besides, who talks on the phone anymore?! ;)

aug0211#WN

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
My in call volume ALWAYS goes back up to max :( I hate it - way to loud for me (I set it on min normally). If anyone finds out why it keeps jumping up by default, and/or how to fix it, I'm in for info!

bmoore

Apr 28, 2010
www.bmrsoftware.com
NO SUCH THING AS TOO LOUD! <-- ok maybe

I've been in bands all my life so my hearing is damaged. Phones are rarely loud enough for me.

This sounds like a good problem. Or in software terms "It's a feature not a bug".

aug0211#WN

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
You make calls with yours?!

LOL! Love it. :) Well done!

Ok, but to all interested, the audio manager widget DOES seem to help. I've been running it for a few days (pretty much, since *woop* recommended it back on the 28th. My call volume stays to where I set it for the most part. I think there have been two times where it jumped back up to 5/5, but it used to jump up EVERY time I used the actual "phone" part of the device! Now it's much more rare...

Thanks for the semi-solution, *woop*!

Joker35

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
i can agree. i have it turned all the way down and some calls are still loud. i am always checking to see if i turned it back up.

aug0211#WN

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
When you check, is it in fact getting turned back up? Or do you have it set to the lowest volume, and it's still too loud for you?

My volumes seem to be pretty reasonable (meaning that 1/5 is quiet, and 5/5 is loud, and 3/5 is right about average), the problem was simply that no matter what I set the volume at, it would always default back to the 5/5 volume the next time I answered/placed a call.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
LOL! Love it. :) Well done!

Ok, but to all interested, the audio manager widget DOES seem to help. I've been running it for a few days (pretty much, since *woop* recommended it back on the 28th. My call volume stays to where I set it for the most part. I think there have been two times where it jumped back up to 5/5, but it used to jump up EVERY time I used the actual "phone" part of the device! Now it's much more rare...

Thanks for the semi-solution, *woop*!

No problem. You should let the dev know if you are having any issues with the widget. You never know, he/she might end up fixing it.