question about chargers - different devices same ma and volts

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
So I found my old ms zune wall chargers and guess what they have a usb port and output is 1amp and 5 volts so it looks like it would be a perfect secondary charger for work or on the road.

I'm wondering if there is any other electrical spec that would matter or if different devices use different pins for power or anything like that. I plugged it in and it charges I'm just worried about damaging my inc.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I forget what the zune has on the bottom of it but I don't think it was a regular usb plug. The connector on the charger is regular usb though.

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
USB is all standardized so you should have no problems. Some people have said that some chargers interfere with touch screens, but I think that's just the circuits inside that are cheap as most of these chargers that don't work are from eBay and places of the sort; I doubt the Zune charger would be as cheaply made as some of the discount USB chargers.

Lino

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I read on another forum that you can even buy an adapter that will convert from Mini USB to Micro USB, so that you can use Motorola charges and some other phone chargers that have Mini USB.
I think Radio Shack sells the adapters.
I myself bought some of the Ebay cheap chargers 2, and they do make it to where I cannot do anything when it's charging, I also bought 2 car chargers from Ebay, with Verizon sticker on them like 7 dollars shipped total each, and they work great, I have one from walmart that cost more than the 2 from Ebay, and it's going back to walmart.

drfundy

May 10, 2010
Visit site
So, do any of you know of it takes a certain type of usb cable to handle the amp from the HTC charger ? I was using my zune charger when the cable kind of melted a little at the end where it plugs in to the charger.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma