Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default What have you moved on to?

I've been a Dinc owner since launch day. I've absolutely enjoyed my first Android experience and don't think I could have asked for a better phone. But being the kind if person that I am, I'm always looking for something bigger and better.

If there is still some former Dinc owners trolling around here or if you know someone that has moved on could you tell me what you moved on to? Why you switched and what you like most and dislike most about your new phone (android or not). Basically looking for Dinc vs whatever new you have. Also what you plan on moving to and why.

Thanks

Default Re: What have you moved on to?

I got the Dinc 3 months after launch and have absolutely loved it. I have an upgrade on my account come Feb. I will be moving on to the rezound. i like solid feel of HTC products. Reading the forums on the rezound there doesn't seem to be any major issues that people are having. So at this point, its rezound for me

I moved from a dinc 2 to a rezound and went back to the dinc 2. I couldn't accept the fact that a brand new top of the line phone with specs to spare operated slower than my old phone. The UI on the rezound was laggy and overall it just felt slow. I thought a 1.5 ghz dual core phone w 1gb of ram would be snappy but that wasnt the case w the rezound. And it went into an infinite reboot loop too. I returned it for.another new one and the same thing.happened with it. I wanted to love the rezound I really did but with those problems and a $300 price tag I wasn't happy. Oh yea and the batttery life was.horrible even w extended battery which made the phone ridiculously bulky. So my upgrade is still good and now I'm waiting for a phone w similar or.better specs.than the galaxy s2 to appear on Verizon before I move on and no the razr and the gnex don't qualify I will not tolerate an inferior screen (pentile). Maybe the upcoming razr maxx?? I might just switch to ATT and get.a sg s2 skyrocket.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid 1.4, AOKP

I have an upgrade coming at the end of January, but because my wife's phone sucks (Fascinate), she'll probably need the upgrade and I'll just flash another ROM :-) My phone runs awesome and is super fast and I still haven't seen anything that really excites me except for the Nexus.

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

I would go Rezound but until they crack the bootloader I think I'll just chill with my Inc and either some CM7, Nils' BGS 3.5, or a very workable Ice Cream Sandwich Pre-alpha8!!
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    ROM
    OEM

I have a bionic. I love it. Screen isn't as vivid as the DInc was..that's my only gripe... other than that I love my bionic.

The Rezound is amazing too. My sister has it. It doesn't feel much bigger than the DInc in hand.

I might be on board for the next HTC quad core droid. DInc3??

Still on the Dinc, but I'm likely going to pick up the Galaxy Nexus after the holidays. I may hold out for another month or two in hopes of them having a sale or something. If they do an immediate post-holiday sale, I'll probably hit that up.

I still see no reason to upgrade. The Dinc is still as good as anything I've seen so far. The Nexus???....that's definitely the direction But....the Hardware is so-so. It feels very "Plasticky" in my hand and has no SD Card. The 5mp Camera is weak as well.

HTC has announced or leaked a few upcoming Quad Core phones already in development. The Edge looks like an upgraded Rezound basically. The Ville and Zeta are just concept phones so far, but will likely evolve into something. Look to February and the MWC (Mobile World Congress) for the announcement of True Quad ICS phones that can embrace the new Android 4.0 properly. March or April should see the carrier launch of those New ICS NextGen phones. My Dinc will be two years old by then.

Maybe we Will see a new Dinc 3 superphone announced. I can wait....D
    Android Addict

ROM
    Stock rooted 4.1.2 JB

Been rocking the Incredible since launch and I'm in no hurry to upgrade. The only things I'm looking for in my next phone are 4G, 4" screen and front facing camera. Both the Thunderbolt and Bionic fulfill these requirements. Honestly, I really don't want to renew a contract with VZW right now. I'm having a hard time accepting that they will GIVE you a $300 phone if you are a new customer, but for an 18 year customer, they could care less and want to charge you full price.

Ok, sorry. Didn't mean to get off topic. I'm still on the Incredible and plan to stay with it until it breaks.
    @Android_Lee
    Galaxy Note III
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 5
    KitKat 4.4 Stock
    Nexus 7
    KitKat 4.4 Stock Rooted

ROM
    stock
    ghostvzwdev (stock rooted)
    m7wls (stock rooted)
    manta (stock rooted)
    Follow me on Twitter
    Email/GTalk
    Google+

Global Posts
    7,267 Global Posts
    ROM
    Nexus(AOKP-jb_4.2.1)

I have the Galaxy Nexus as my main phone now.I got it on Dec.15th as an upgrade to my dx.So it was the dx that was deactivated.
    I still have the incredible as my other phone tho . But am using the Nexus mostly now.
    Kinda sad that CM7 support for the incredible has been dropped and no more nightlies being released for the incredible.
    The incredible is still a great phone tho and my first android experience .I got that phone shortly after its release ordered it online June 2010.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

I have had my incredible since launch day and it has been my first smartphone and android phone. It has served me well but lately has seemed sluggish and unresponsive at times. I am eligible for an upgrade and have been looking at the droid Bionic and samsung stratosphere but am not really sure which in I want.
    The stratosphere has had good reviews but I am a little hesitant to get it since it has the same 1ghz processor and 512mb ram that I have now. The bionic has great hardware but I have heard that he display isn't that great and that there have been connectivity issues, along with other problems. Any insight or opinions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :-)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

The Nextgen Quad ICS phones should start appearing this spring around March-April. They should be announced in Feb. at the Mobile World Congress.

In the meantime......try this Spring Cleaning (if you haven't already). Back up your Contacts and Photos....even SMS to your computer. There are many ways to do this.....Sync, Lookout etc. Windows Explorer will pull your photos over to your Hard Drive.

Factory Reset your Dinc and wipe it clean. Any Updates available will pop up immediately afterwards. Download them. All your Apps will still be available in the Market.....but you'll probably only reload about half of them....because you never used the others. Upload your Contacts and the Photos you really want and you'll have a "Like New" Dinc that is "Snappy" again.....Set up your new phone the way you want and then wait for the NextGen phones to come out....D

ROM
    Stock (for now)

I still use the Dinc I bought in July of 2010. Unless something really compelling comes along before then, I'm probably going to go for the Galaxy Nexus when I'm due for an upgrade, I'd really like to have a Nexus device at some point, and this is probably the only one that will ever come to Verizon.

Thank you everyone for your opinions, I ended up getting the stratosphere last night. Couple reasons for my decision. 1) price, I was able to get the phone for $49 2) I like the display on the stratosphere better than the bionic 3) I like the idea of the slideout keyboard. The phone also has a virtual keyboard with swype if needed. The physical keyboard is taking so getting used to but I have only had the phone for about 12hrs. Thanks again everyone!

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    173 Global Posts

I didn't plan to upgrade from the Dinc. I was very satisfied with it!

We decided to pop into a Best Buy on Black Friday and they had the Thunderbolt for free. So I jumped on it for the bigger screen and 4G.

So far so good, except for the VZW 4G outages...

Enjoy your Statosphere too!

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by mrjam3s; 12-29-2011 at 11:46 AM. Reason: fix spelling

Rooting my DINC and getting on a Gingersense ROM (Nils 3.0) made the DINC like a new phone and felt like an early upgrade.

With that said, i'm ready for a larger screen and faster processor, and waiting (impatiently) for my upgrade in March to move on to the Rezound.
    HTC 8525 > BB Storm1 > HTC Droid Incredible > HTC Rezound > Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Have you noticed anything not working with ginger sense? I want to flash it but I don't want to have things not working. Such as do u have music controls from the lock screen?

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquid 1.4, AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by ucluglee View Post
    Been rocking the Incredible since launch and I'm in no hurry to upgrade. The only things I'm looking for in my next phone are 4G, 4" screen and front facing camera. Both the Thunderbolt and Bionic fulfill these requirements. Honestly, I really don't want to renew a contract with VZW right now. I'm having a hard time accepting that they will GIVE you a $300 phone if you are a new customer, but for an 18 year customer, they could care less and want to charge you full price.

Ok, sorry. Didn't mean to get off topic. I'm still on the Incredible and plan to stay with it until it breaks.
    My thoughts almost exactly. I feel like discovering rooting back in July gave me the chance to 'change phones' as often as I want through ROMs and themes. I feel like I've had about 20 different phones in the past few months.

That being said, 4G (as it gets more reliable), a larger screen, and a front facing camera are huge factors. I don't have $300 to drop for the Nexus, which I'd love to do, so I'll have to wait a while. CM and MIUI are my fave ROMs and they keep supporting the Inc, so it's all good!

I have never tried rooting...mostly because I don't know what I am doing nor do I know what the benefits would be.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk

I'm in the exact same boat that you guys were in. I got the Dinc about a month after launch. I do love the phone, in particular after doing a factory reset. Before that I was having freezing and battery issues. Once I did the factory reset I can get 70%-90% of the day with frequent usage if I don't have the GPS on. That also got rid of all the legacy apps and various other downloads/poor choices.

That said, I feel compelled to get a new phone now because, A.) Though I love the Incredible, it's small and weakly powered. B.) We just renewed our contract with my wife's Stratosphere the week before Christmas, and I feel like if I want too long it's just prolonging the date at which I can get out from under my contract. I don't want to wait four months, because that's another four months before I can switch contracts. I'm already in for another two years with my wife's upgrade. C.) I'm a gadget guy, and it's time for a new gadget.

What I don't know is... Do I upgrade to the Nexus or to the Bionic? Both are very expensive. Leo Laporte smashed the Nexus in his review, and I'm apt to believe his reviews. Anyone have the Nexus?

ROM
    HTC One (Verizon) Stock

I wouldn't get either...personally I'd go for the Rezound. Thats my plan after the new year starts.
    "I drank what?" -Socrates

Still running the DInc with a 3500 battery and no issues here. It has been a rock solid performer and I have yet to see any other phone that could temp me away. We've been so impressed with it that we've done some research and just set up the wife with the Incredible 2. It has turned out to be a solid performer for her as well.

I moved to the Rezound and loving it.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    Samsung Galaxy S4
    NOOK Color rooted & Acer Iconia A100 for my tabs YEAH!! Retired: HTC Rezound & Incredible

Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I still have my DInc. Honestly, I love this phone. I've thought about getting another phone, but I've realized that it isn't necessary. Unless I want a new phone for the sake of wanting a new phone. My wife had a DInc too, but she got a new DInc2 after the GB update messed it up. The DInc2 has some of my must haves in a new phone. 4" screen and front facing camera. But after using it briefly, I realized that its just a phone and doesn't do anything substantially better than my DInc. It really comes down to the apps and the DInc can run all the apps that I've tried to install.

I'm going to keep my DInc until it breaks and they have to replace it with something different. Good luck on your new smartphone experience.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast