Audio "hissing"

dditzel

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday i was driving around with my INC plugged into my stereo in my truck using a standard headphone cable. Music sounded great.. when i plugged in my car charger, i got a high pitched hissing or buzzing sound coming thru the speakers, and no matter how loud i made the music i could still hear it. I tried 3 different outlets to charge the phone, same result. I'm using the Verizon brand charger.. It's almost like a bad ground...

Anyone else have this issue? can anyone test theirs out and see if they have the same weird sound?

Truck is a 2009 Suburban, factory stereo. I do not get it when using built in bluetooth for making calls, only audio when plugged in with the stereo cable. No noise is present when the phone is not charging..

Thanks!

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Was the other end plugged into a aux jack in the radio or a tape cassette adapter? I will try this out I have a tape cassette adapter that I will use in my truck. Give me 10

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Ok I just hooked up using a Verizon car charger and a cassette adaptor with a standard head phone jack. I ran music from my SD card and streamed Pandora with no problem sound was great.
Only problem you seem to have is that your truck is a Chevy....
GO FORD!!!

tjg294

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem with my Storm. It hissed when I plugged the auxiliary cable from my Storm to car stereo, and had the car charger plugged in. Haven't tried it with the Incredible yet.

pilotbob3

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
The problem with using the hard wired AUX input is that car phone chargers emit a lot of HF noise, and it gets on the ground signal of the audio cable through the phone. That is why using a tape cassette adaptor is OK (since the tape head coupling isolates the ground). One solution is to use an audio ground loop isolator (which is really just a couple of 1-1 audio transformers) to "float" the phone from the car's audio input. Our fine friends at Radio Shack offer one that works great:

Ground Loop Isolator - RadioShack.com

You can solder in 3/8 inch stereo audio plugs/jacks, or just use some audio cable adaptors to match your existing audio cables.

What I did with my DI is use a BT wireless gateway, so that when I enter my car the DI automatically connects to the audio system. Blackberry actually makes a nice one:
http://crackberry.com/review-blackberry-remote-stereo-gateway

Same warning applies to the BT gateway, you will probably need to use an audio ground loop isolator.

Finally, I still think there is an issue with the A2DP protocol that the DI uses, not sure I'm getting the full quality of the audio while using the BT gateway.

Hope this helps.

Hybrid4830

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem when making phone calls while plugged in using any charger. It makes the hissing noise and while I can still here what the person on whether end is saying, they cannot hear me.