If my Inc. has a legit problem-outside 30 dys-does HTC or VZW warranty it?

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Hello -

I have the Incredible and with the exception of a few things I am trying to figure out, I love the phone.

My question is...since I am going to keep it beyond the 30 day return period.... if it should develop and legitimate malfunction or not operate properly due to a defect, does the phone hold 1 year warranty against defects, or something like this.

I think it would put my mind at ease

does HTC or Verizon stand behind the phone after the return period if there is a real issue with the phone ?

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
yep they will send you a refurbished one it won't be brand new.

cool, stayfly - thanks. I am planning on keeping for sure. It's just that there are so many features and a few bugs I am trying to troubleshoot..and I can't get a full picture of this phone in 30 days, etc.

thanks, makes me feel better.

bigk

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon also sells for $1.99 per month an extended warranty, which just extends the manufactured warranty.

They also provide Ausion insurance ($6.00 per month) which cover's you if you drop it on the cement and broke the screen or the head phone jack quit working for you because you kept pluggin in head phones all day long.

AtlBBStorm

May 28, 2010
Visit site
If it's due to defect, Verizon will issue you a certified refurbished one within a year. One thing to add. With Asurion, if you dropped it or broke it due to owner's fault, you will still need to pay about $50-$75 for a replacement. However, you will be getting a brand new phone instead of certified refurbished one.

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
If it's due to defect, Verizon will issue you a certified refurbished one within a year. One thing to add. With Asurion, if you dropped it or broke it due to owner's fault, you will still need to pay about $50-$75 for a replacement. However, you will be getting a brand new phone instead of certified refurbished one.

Not necessarily. I've gotten refurbs from Asurion before.

Oh and I think the fee is up to $89 now.

Last edited:

AtlBBStorm

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Interesting... I just got my replacement of Storm 2 since I dropped it and cracked the screen, and they sent me a new one in box with everything for $50. It's a 2nd time I use the insurance, and the previous one I also got a new replacement (several years ago). The price I think is based the retail price of the phone.

Diabl0

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I know my brother got a new replacement on a Motorola phone that was 2 years old. Anything else I've ever gotten from them were refurbs. I think it's stupid because the refurbs are usually just as bad as what you are sending into them. They've sent me several DOA refurbs which is why I opted not to purchase insurance on my Incredible. I only got a 1 year contract so I'm hoping I'll be fine.

douger

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just got the information package from Asurion this week. They promise a reman unit.

I guess you get a new one if they don't have any remans to send.

jasonvancouver

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
I just got the information package from Asurion this week. They promise a reman unit.

I guess you get a new one if they don't have any remans to send.

thanks, Douger, I never received my asurion info. package...on hold with verizon now to to see about getting the information. :rolleyes: