alarm clock problems.

xcrunner78

May 29, 2010
Visit site
What occurred this morning for me was, after setting my alarm the night before, I switched my clock over to the desk clock, then I hit the night time button. When I woke in the morning and the alarm did not go off, I looked at the clock and the time was correct, but the day was one day off. It said Friday May 28, 8:30 a.m., but it was Sat. May 29, 8:30. The task was not killed because it was still running. It was plugged in to charge the night. I have had issues of the alarm not going off before. Does anyone understand why this occurring? Any reply would be greatly appreciated.

xcrunner78

May 29, 2010
Visit site
to add, after seeing that it was the incorrect data, I touched the screen, it went to the main home screen and the clock flipped over to the correct date and time.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, I know you said the task was not killed, but can you test it WITHOUT your task killer anyways? I seen this problem with people well over 20 times, and 19 times it was the task killer that auto-killed it.

xcrunner78

May 29, 2010
Visit site
But the clock was running...the desk clock was on at the time and I hit the night button...when I looked at the clock on my phone in the morning it said the correct time but wrong date...the after I touched the screen it corrected itself.

Kyle Gibb

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I would suspect its a weird bug with the desk clock app. Try it again tmw morning to see if the desk clock causes it again.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
But the clock was running...the desk clock was on at the time and I hit the night button...when I looked at the clock on my phone in the morning it said the correct time but wrong date...the after I touched the screen it corrected itself.

Your original post was talking about having issues with the alarm clock. What exactly are you trying to resolve? My solution was for the alarm clock issue. People have experienced the exact same problem with the alarm clock not going off and almost all have solved it by uninstalling their task killer. You can take it for what its worth if you do not want to do it.

Last edited:

xcrunner78

May 29, 2010
Visit site
@woop I did not understand your post. I'll try to get rid of task killer. I put ignore list but I'll look at removing the advance task killer in the future.

xcrunner78

May 29, 2010
Visit site
Should I uninstall it or just turn it off? If I don't have ATK how do I kill each item that I have running so that I don't run down the battery?

czm2000

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site

It doesn't have anything to do with the fact that your clock was still running. Your alarm was most likely killed by your task killer. The only sure way to avoid it is to make sure that you either have that program ignored in your task killer app or to remove your task killer. Also not a bad idea to turn of auto kill. The same think was happening to me.