1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default not getting text notifications

I am not getting notifications for text messages. I have gone on my phone multiple times only to find new texts that I did not know were there. No notification.

My sound profile is set to normal, volume is up and notifications are set to ringer volume.

Any suggestions?

ROM
    BAMF Forever 1.0.9

I downloaded an app called SMS Popup. It has worked flawlessly so far. Sends notifications instantly when texts are received. I have mine set to vibrate and make sound. It hasn't drained my battery at all either like some apps do.

It's also free.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Go into messages and hit menu>settings then scroll down to Recieved notification and confirm that it is checked.

Also, do you have any 3rd party apps that could be causing this?

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts

My text and email notifications stopped too. Hmm, what oh what could I have installed to be causing this....... grrr.....I'm using tones I got from the Zedge app, THROUGH the Zedge app - I wonder if that's it......

Quote Originally Posted by EVO_girl View Post
    My text and email notifications stopped too. Hmm, what oh what could I have installed to be causing this....... grrr.....I'm using tones I got from the Zedge app, THROUGH the Zedge app - I wonder if that's it......
    Um... EVO_girl, exactly what device are you having trouble with?

Default Re: not getting text notifications

Just a guess but are you using a task killer of any sort?

If yes, uninstall, reboot phone, test notifications
    If no, reboot phone, test notifications
    [CENTER][URL="https://plus.google.com/u/0/+KPSmith/posts"]Follow me on Google +

Just make sure your settings in your SMS isnt disabled. You could also try Handcent (which I like) or SMS popup, etc.